Little Guy Rascal and new galley!

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Little Guy Rascal and new galley!

Postby ame8199 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:19 pm

ok just got off live chat with Scott from Little Guy. Im pretty happy with that I found out. Here is the transcript from our chat. He said the galley is being closed! Woooo

Scott:
Hello Amy
amy:
hello
Scott:
A regular twin would be too long to fit inside, but a tri-fold mattress is included with any of our trailers
Scott:
the 12v/110 power package runs $695
Scott:
it includes:
amy:
yes, i just wanted a little floor space so i was gonna switch it out
Scott:
12volt package: deep cycle battery, fantastic vent fan, 12v lights in cabin and galley, 12v recepts in cabin and galley
Scott:
110 power - 30amp shore line cable
Scott:
with recepts in the galley and cabin; the external outlet for the shoreline is on the driver side
Scott:
it also includes a converter
amy:
Is there plans to make the galley in the rascal a little more sturdy?
Scott:
it could be constructed a bit differently (extra bracing); currently, it is all dependant on the side walls
Scott:
with respect to the mattress question - the flat floor space is 69" but the further up from the floor you get the longer the sleeping space is
Scott:
for instance, if you have a 4" thick mattress, your flat floor space increases to over 6 ft.
amy:
do you guys plan on closing the gap between the galley and mattress?
Scott:
Yes, as of Monday, all countertops are being closed
amy:
great, on all the models? when will the website show this?
Scott:
it won't until they are off the production line and a photo shoot is able to be conducted
amy:
o ok, well thank you very much, i believe this is all my questions
Scott:
very good, Amy.
Scott:
Have a nice day.
Amy
~future owner of a teardrop~
ame8199
Teardrop Master

Little Guy Galley enclosure

Postby jfb » Wed May 12, 2010 8:30 pm

I just viewed the new video of the enclosed galley..it appears solid now, isolated from the rest of the camper. Advantage, keep out the insects when the galley door is raised..disadvantage..no way to get to the bottom end of the matress, to tuck in sheets, etc..I think the ideal solution would be some type of strong watertight material, like Sunbrella, that could be velcro attached to the end of the lift up alum lid support, an then down to far enough to clear the lid lock cams. Flex plastic or rubber edging, could be attached to the bottom of the lid to seal the lid clearance gaps.. Just a thought.. :)
jfb
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers