Tents

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Tents

Postby JoeShadow » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:15 pm

Hey guys,
I recently purchased a 2009 Silver Shadow 12ft. and am looking for a tent that attaches to the side, any recommendations? I have see the one from Camp Inn and the one fron Little guy on the internet but have not seen any in person. I would like to use it for changing and maybe as a sitting area in foul weather. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.
JoeShadow
Teardrop Inspector

Postby caseydog » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:20 pm

Welcome to the forum!

A lot of us use EZ-Up canopies with our teardrops, and you can buy side walls for them. That is another option.

CD

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Use the search function

Postby tearhead » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:01 pm

There are several threads on this that can be found by using the search function (above) and typing in side tents (with the option of having it search for all words). Lots and lots of options.
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Dave Lackie » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:22 am

Joe,

Being fairly new to teardrops also here is what I'm thinking, and I hope your post will generate info from the vast experience of this form.

I have started with a 10x10 canopy for the galley area with walls... found this to work well and the walls are great for shade as well as rain.

For the side/space for changing rainy weather etc I'm thinking about a Kirkham's screen room. http://www.springbar.com/explore/canopi ... _tent.html

This room has 2 large doors with canopies and can be completely closed. With no floor it can be set-up over a table or maybe even your teardrop. I'm thinking if set-up by a door the canopy could go over the tear and give close access. A friend has a Springbar tent and it is really a high quality product. This roon being 10x14 has alot of space and it seems alot of set-up options.

That's my thinking right now and would love to hear any ideas, suggestions and other opinions. The idea of some kind of space for rain, changing and general hanging out in buggy enviroments has many solutions show us yours.

Thanks
Dave
Dave Lackie
Teardrop Builder

That looks nice!

Postby tearhead » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:14 pm

That Springbar looks nice! Pricey though! If you get one, would you post a pic so we can see how it works with a teardrop? Looks like it would be great! A similar one, and similarly pricey, that some people recommend is the Paha Que screen tent.

We discovered on our first night in the tear that if your spouse is inside with the light on and the campground is dark, you do put on a bit of a show if you're not careful. So we ordered a $40 Coleman beach shelter from Amazon to use as a side tent. Haven't tried it out for real yet, but we did set it up in the garage next to the tear.

We have to figure out how to attach it to the trailer (maybe snaps? elastic?), but it at least would be a little bit of a privacy barrier and a place to potentially get dressed. And we could leave the door open for more of a breeze.
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Postby JoeShadow » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:14 pm

That one looks pretty good. Looks like good stuff. I am looking for one that has walls and can connect to my trailer.

I like the style that they have on the Camp Inn site, except the footprint is something like 48" X 42". I am looking for something that is a little larger.

I tried to do a search on the forums and did not see any other tents.

I have searched on the web and found http://www.sportzbynapier.com/product.h ... uct_num=55
http://www.texsport.com/PDF%20Break-Dow ... Access.pdf but do not know of their quality.

I wanted to know what others are using? Currently I am using a ez put up 12' X 12' Tent. :roll:
JoeShadow
Teardrop Inspector

Camping thread?

Postby tearhead » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:30 pm

The Sportz one looks nice. I've been looking at Quik Shades and the solid sides and screen sides you can get, but also at other options, too.

You probably would get a lot of responses to this if you posted your question in the "Camping Secrets" area, which is where most of the tent/side tent/screen house discussions occur.

Pat
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Postby jackdaw » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:52 pm

In addition to our side tents in this thread, we have bought a Colman event shelter.
We used it recently on a trip to Cornwall, where we took both our trailer, and the coppertop that we recently finished for our daughter and her bloke.
The big plus we found with the Colman, was firstly how stable it was when the wind blows, and secondly was how the rain gets dumped down the legs, instead of straight of on the hatch hinge as the ezy up does.
Its 4.5 meters square so you get loads of space.

I like this photo so much, I'm using it as my signiture 8)
Cheers, Dave :thumbsup:
jackdaw
500 Club

Is anybody using the Dual Identity Gigatent?

Postby tearhead » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:42 pm

This Dual Identity Gigatent looks pretty versatile in that it can be either a canopy or a screen tent, but I wonder about quality:

http://www.familytentcamping.com/site/1 ... /SHT%20009

Anyone have experience with this? :thinking:
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Postby iplay10us2 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:49 am

I was recently on the Sisters on the Fly website looking at the members trailers (looking at who had teardrops), and saw this pic on a Thor T@B.

Looks interesting.

Susann
iplay10us2
Silver Donating Member

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers