True North Freelance Trailer

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

True North Freelance Trailer

Postby JoeShadow » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:53 pm

I was looking in Outside Magazine and found this new trailer called the multi tool for the outdoors, check it out. http://truenorth.me/
JoeShadow
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:02 pm

I have a feeling they are not going to sell too many of those...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby JoeShadow » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:54 pm

Why do you say that? I really like it and think that it has a lot to offer. I like the rack systen to carry all the toys. The storage seems larger than most. The addition of a sink is nice, and the sleeping area can sleep a few adults. The price seems decent for what you get for $10K - $12K ( not totally sure on the price, but have seen a couple on some other sites). I think that they meet the need of a lot of active young outdoors sports minded people, like myself. I hope that they do well and grow this market.
JoeShadow
Teardrop Inspector

Postby hiker chick » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:29 pm

Always good to see activity in the segment, I hope it sells and provides jobs for workers.
Hot Stuff Today, Dog Stuff Tomorrow

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby High Desert » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:04 am

Looks like its a new model from an existing manufacturer. Interesting rig, and built for a purpose. One article listed the prices from $8250 to $11,000. May just find a nitch market, best of luck to them.
Shaun

"it's not the years honey, it's the mileage"
High Desert
Platinum Donating Member

Postby JoeShadow » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:04 pm

Here are a couple at dealers that I have found online. http://www.wilderauto.com/carcenter.php?lot=rv&type=new http://www.triplearv.com/Home/Hidden/In ... fault.aspx http://www.broadmoorrv.com/new_vehicle_ ... mit=Search They seem to cost a bit more than some of the articles that I have read as well.
JoeShadow
Teardrop Inspector

Postby madjack » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:41 am

...lets see, a DRY weight of 1500+pounds and a DRY tongue weight of nearly 300pounds rules out a lot of customers right off the bat and if my last couple of visits to an RV show are any indicator, a unit selling at that price point has got to be built in a highly trashy manor with really trashy materials as are virtually any commercially built RV...plus to gain a lot of the ability to be a "multi tool on wheels" of campers, you have to use the Thule cargo system, which can run to some pretty big bucks all by itself...don't have any idea of price but looking at the option packages, they would add up to big bucks pretty quickly to give you the amenities...other than than, it looks like...a common little RV...nothing special, especially for the average member 'round here...but that is just my 2cents worth......................
madjack 8)

***ADDENDUM***...don't really mean to sound so harsh on the camper...it does fill a niche and if a person is willing to pay the price and that type of RV is what it takes to get them in the woods and camping, well mo' power to 'em.......MJ
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Steve_Cox » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:44 am

Looks like one of those "either you love it or you hate it things.

When I saw the D rings on the floor I thought it would be great for the bondage crowd. See it has something for everybody. 8)
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:18 pm

The slide out barbeque is a neat idea, but lacks in design placement and equipment selection.
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers