Little Guy Questions

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Little Guy Questions

Postby stumphugger » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:22 am

I found a Little Guy trailer to buy yesterday. I was so preoccupied with the thought of having to pull it through Portland, Orygun yesterday that I didn't ask proper questions. I haven't done much on the highway trailer pulling, but the thing was excellent. I had one block to feel it out and then it was onto the interstate.

There is no detailed owner's manual. I got it home and realized that I don't know how to hook the battery up so the fan and lights work. No cord. Looks like there's a plug of some kind in the galley.

I do have a local RV guy who might know. But any help would be appreciated.

It is the 5 foot wide, 2009 model.
stumphugger
500 Club

Postby skulli69 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:42 am

115V hook up is located on drivers side just behind tire, the small black cap to left side of image

the fuse block should be under the bed, driver side front

the battery should be mounted to the tongue, if you have the power package

we bought ours new and found there is no real owners manual :shock:

as for the fan there is 3 cut off switchs, 1 is the in/out switch, 2 is the speed switch, 3 is the cover switch the cover needs be about 2 inchs up to release this switch.
hope this helps :thumbsup: :thumbdown:
Mike & Tracy

2009 Silver Shadow Highline 5X8
skulli69
Teardrop Builder

Postby stumphugger » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:11 pm

Yup. It is the battery I am wondering about. I got the battery, and the pickup is wired to charge the battery, but I'm not seeing anything leading back from the battery to the trailer. I'll look closer. Thanks.
stumphugger
500 Club

Postby iplay10us2 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:37 pm

It should be underneath the frame area near the battery. It is most likely also cable tied to the wiring for the tail lights/turn signals.

Image[/img]
Susann
iplay10us2
Silver Donating Member

Postby caseydog » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:49 pm

Call LittleGuy. They are very good about answering questions and helping customers figure out their trailers.......

1-866-489-4447

E-Mail: [email protected]

Little Guy Worldwide
5640 Whipple Ave. NW
North Canton, Ohio 44720

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby stumphugger » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:50 pm

My more experienced friends solved the problem. It was a broken fuse.
Everything works. We're ready for something. Thanks...
stumphugger
500 Club

galley support broken

Postby waky53 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:24 am

We recently bought a second hand little guy & after travelling on a rather bumpy piece of sand track on the way home the galley top supports have given way. (they only had very small angle brackets & screws have pulled out & the hinges bent & loosened.)

Has anyone made a modification to the structure of the galley top to better support it?

There was nothing on the top at the time so there was minimal weight on it.
I was thinking of putting some shelf brackets under the side supports to make them stronger or even a leg down to the floor.

Any ideas anyone?
Cheers Dave
waky53
Teardrop Inspector

Re: galley support broken

Postby revbigjohn » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:57 am

waky53 wrote:
Has anyone made a modification to the structure of the galley top to better support it?

There was nothing on the top at the time so there was minimal weight on it.
I was thinking of putting some shelf brackets under the side supports to make them stronger or even a leg down to the floor.

Any ideas anyone?

I think this is going to be a problem with mine too. It'll be interesting to see what others have done to strengthen this area up.
John

revbigjohn
Teardrop Inspector

Postby waky53 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:30 am

I decided to add 2 shelf brackets to each side of the galley supports & it is now probably strong enough now to sleep on!!
I had to notch out the existing support at the front to get the brackets in & of course on one side there was a fixing screw coming through that I had to grind off using my dremel tool. Luckily the brackets are plenty strong enough to hold it.
After straightening the hinges on the lift up table & putting in some better screws it all seems good to go.
Just waiting on the June long weekend to try it out now.
Cheers Dave
waky53
Teardrop Inspector

Re: galley support broken

Postby iOpine » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:55 pm

waky53 wrote:Has anyone made a modification to the structure of the galley top to better support it?

Quite a few folks have come up with different options for customizing and improving the galley top. I like the idea of installing a vertical bulkhead of 1/2" plywood to both support the counter-top and seal off the sleeping area so bugs can't get in there when the hatch is raised.

This thread includes a few ideas as well as links to other threads addressing the issue... http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=29801
John
"Often wrong, but never in doubt!!"
iOpine
Teardrop Advisor

Postby warbird » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:02 pm

Hi on the galley base topic, I ran a jigsaw across the cooking area flap about halfway from the bulkhead & the rear, this makes it much easier to get at items below without having to move everything off the surface before being able to lift the flap!
Cheers
Geoff
Bristol, UK
Its not always true that size matters!
warbird
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers