Little Guy Silver Shadow

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Postby ERV » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:30 pm

Gary
Glad you put your name up. Jan and I went with the little traveler, Made by Pleasant Valley. They were only an hour or so from Medina. We got the 5x10. It just fits us, we do not want to take the whole house with us. Just like being out in the open air. We would still be in a tent if the darn ground hadn't gotten so hard. I blame global warming for that and all the snow this year here in Ohio. :D

I am sure you have looked at them, if not you can see ours in my album. I think they are now part of Little Guy. But like everyone says, you have to pick the one that fits you. We are very happy with ours, Very well made. Just enough options to make it nice.

I was going to build one, but the way I am it would never be finished. I keep seeing stuff the others are doing on this site and my plans are always changing.
I do plan on starting my build this summer if work lets me. Going to make a little bigger one. We plan to go out west and see some of the family that live on the coast.

If you do go with a Little Guy or one from Pleasant Valley, you have a camp ground that is always open right here in Medina. My back yard. :lol:
ERV & JAN
Medina, Ohio
ERV
Silver Donating Member

Postby tearhead » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:05 pm

Congratulations! We have a Lil Traveler 5 by 8 Spirit and really love it. They know what they're doing at Pleasant Valley! I can see why Lil Guy was interested in merging. Fit and finish are great.

Gary, don't worry about the comments and concerns members expressed. Once in awhile there is a new person who posts something kind of off the wall and then disappears, like a hit and run. It can be hurtful. So there is heightened sensitivity to a low number of posts, in combination with a lack of posting first in the newbie thread. It is a convention to introduces oneself in the newbie thread, but relax, you're not the only one to have posted somewhere prior to doing an intro.

Having read in the forum, you'll know that's not the norm here to criticize people, whether new or not. I think the forum is protective about such things. Plus, the Lil Guy folks are active members and perhaps there was concern about an unknown person commenting who might not have really gotten into reading the relevant postings in depth.

There have been several threads in the forum where concerns about Lil Guy were raised, and then the Lil Guy folks (if memory serves) came forward and assisted the folks who had problems.
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Jason and Amanda » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:31 am

I just wanted to step in and share my experience with owning a LG SS and working with Scott.

My wife and I bought our Silver Shadow summer of 2008 and have had the following issues:

Petcool A/C ducting torn - Replaced by Scott because I contacted him looking for how to work Petcool issues. Now that's customer service!

Baby moon wheel cover chrome peeling - Replaced by Scott, and he sent me two, so I have a spare incase it ever happens again, which so far so good.

We've only camped a handful of times in the past 2 years, maybe 6 or 7. But moving and having a baby will do that. I will say that our trailer made an awesome cargo trailer when we moved from IL to CO.

So I haven't been counting the mileage, but I would guesstimate about 2000 miles so far.

We did replace our mattress with a cheapy walmart memory foam mattress, which made a HUGE difference in how well we sleep. Heck even our daughter, who usually wakes up twice a night, sleeps all night in our little guy.

The Silver Shadow kitchen is nice, we use the outlets alot to heat stuff in a crock pot.

I have modded the Petcool ducting and have air vents inside the teardrop, so instead of using the "panel" that inserts in the window vent, we have use of both doors while using heat and air conditioning.
Jason and Amanda
Teardrop Master

Postby Jason and Amanda » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:37 am

I forgot to mention,
Leaking has been a hot topic for LG. We've towed in some pretty nasty rain, camped during a light snow and thick frost (go heat!) and had to leave the trailer outdoors for about 4 months while moving and have never had a leak.

This past summer I did a good wash and intentionally sprayed pressurized hose water into the galley seam, roof vent, and door seams in order to test for leaks and I don't have any.

The seals that they use are thick, and more of a composite foam than a rubber. They are nice, but expand when hot and exposed to the sun.

It hasn't caused me any issues though.
Jason and Amanda
Teardrop Master

Postby goramsey » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:40 am

I would say that overall the Silver Shadow is a very good product from what I have read. Like anything, I guess some people get a bad one from time to time. There customer care sounds great.
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ramseys-T ... 4019963253

Hunger makes a thief of any man. ~Pearl S. Buck
Food is an important part of a balanced diet.
Fran Lebowitz
http://www.ramseystravels.com/blog/
http://www.ramseystravels.com
goramsey
The 300 Club

Postby Harold Butler » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:45 am

I purchased a LG Silver Shadow last year and it has been a wonderful teardrop. I have had no issues with it, however I have spoken with Scott and Joe at LG several times to order accessories. They have always been very helpful and the service has been great.
I personally think the Silver Shadow is a quality product.
Harold Butler
Silver Donating Member

Previous

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers