6x8 fiberglass teardrop campers and kits- DAB Glassworks LLC

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

6x8 fiberglass teardrop campers and kits- DAB Glassworks LLC

Postby DABGlassworks » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:43 pm

Hi to everyone,
This is Darian at DAB Glassworks. We build a very unique, aerodynamic and lighterweight line of modified teardrop campers and just wanted to let you all know about them. They are solid fiberglass molded designs with gelcoat surfaces, just like a boat. They shine, are the lightest campers out there and have a truly unique look. Plus they are affordable.
We even have a model that has a bath and galley, and its only 6x8!!!
If anyone knows of a smaller camper with full amenities like this please let us know....we think the 720-b camper is the smallest in the world that can boast an indoor bath, shower, and galley, with a queen size bed and couch.
One of our superb past customers told me about this site and also posted pics of his new 720 standup model on the board. He just arrived home with his new teardrop 720-b last week. Here is a link to his thread with pictures:
http://tnttt.com/viewto ... 375#721375

Our website at DAB Glassworks is:
http://sites.google.com/site/teardrop720camper/
Please checkout our campers and feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. I guarantee you haven't seen campers like these before!
Happy trails friends,
Darian Busby
DAB Glassworks LLC
DABGlassworks
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Gage » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:53 pm

Well Darrin, I hate to burst your bubble but my Field and Stream is smaller than yours and doesn't look like a horse trailer with a front window. Mine is only 7' long and 6' wide. Has a full galley and a bathroom. And so far has only cost me $1500 + paint job (and I can't tell you what that cost, for me it was cheap). ;)
Image Image
Behind the door with no knob is the bathroom.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby DABGlassworks » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:47 pm

nice little camper you have there. Im wasnt familiar with the field and stream.
Our campers have 55"x73" queen size beds though.
Where do you and a "friend" sleep in your camper? Is there a bed?
Thanks,
Darian
DABGlassworks
Teardrop Inspector

Postby DABGlassworks » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:58 pm

Hi,
I was curious what the field and stream weighs. Do you happen to know?
Im glad you like your camper.
Darian
DABGlassworks
Teardrop Inspector

stylin'

Postby LilLuLu » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:09 am

I have to say, your right Sir your Field and Stream doesn't look like a horse trailer...nor does it took like a teardrop either. Your camper doesn't look finished either sir, or maybe you are remodeling your girl, no? I think your Lil'DAB is HOT, and stylish inside. I'm sure the proud owner and the little lady (if is one) feel real nice inside. A queen size bed? That Rocks!! What size bed is in the Field n Stream? Definatly doesn't remind me of my Grandpa's camper 20 years ago, sorry Gramps, luv u!!

I myself am a sailor with out a ship at this time and truly appreciate and understand what a gelcoat finish means. FYI it means never having to pay to paint the camper, gelcoat is so great a finish all one has to do it own a buffer (for ease) and some rubbing compound (10 years from now when she start to loose her shine) thus bringing her back to the original glory. Many people may not realize that about the finish on your line of campers not often I hear of it's use on this forum--no gelcoat on plywood, vinyl siding, aluminum siding, corrugated metal, etc...

:thumbsup:
LilLuLu
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers