Lefty Origionals

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Lefty Origionals

Postby Shadow Catcher » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:26 pm

A couple of weeks back I found out that there is a new teardrop manufacturer in Toledo Ohio Lefty Originals. Today I went to visit Ryan at his shop in Toledo and to see what he is doing. He is currently working on teardrops number seven and eight since his start in January. Currently he is working in the $5000-$7000 price point. This for a custom trailer put together in a way that I found very impressive. As an example the sides are glued and screwed, and the glue used can be dissolved using a release agent so that a potentially damaged side could be easily replaced. I have strongly suggested that Ryan join both the T&TTT forum and tearjerkers. And I am going to encourage him to post some pictures of his work.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby jlreyburn » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:28 pm

I saw a 4 x8 for sale on ebay last week. Nice looking tear.
jlreyburn
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Shadow Catcher » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:59 pm

I have seen three of his in different colors. He will be producing 5X9's in future. He did one woody with 15 coats of spar varnish. the complex he is in has a cabinet maker who is doing his cabinets and steaming ply wood etc. As an example the inside of the hatch is 1/8 oak rather than luan so grain matches the interiors and cabinets.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby kirkenpat » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:24 pm

Where in/around Toledo is his shop located? I work in Toledo & would like to take a look at his work! :twisted:
kirkenpat
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Shadow Catcher » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:34 pm

There is an example of his work in front of the RV dealership on Central and his shop is 4530 Stengel Ave Suit 2 Toledo. I will PM his phone number to you.
He will be joining this form shortly and I will encourage him to do an album of his work including construction.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby jlreyburn » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:56 pm

There's also a unit on Ebay again.
jlreyburn
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers