MicroCampers

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

MicroCampers

Postby linuxmanxxx » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:23 pm

My partner and I have started a company to build a custom designed light camper that we're going to market in greater Texas until we get established. Website is up www.microcampers.com but there won't be any pictures of product until we're finished our demo model build within the next week.

I would like to give some of our features to you that might help you decide if our product meets your needs or not. We are a kinda spinoff from the teardrop model but with some changes that I added to address the shortcomings of the teardrop layout for what I like.

We include a tent with every camper that attaches to one of the doors to provide an area for dressing, social area, or additional bedroom. With door left open the tent can be air conditioned as well as the camper due to the overkill size of the unit we use for cooling and heating. There are switched external gfci outlets to power lights in the tent and can be killed at bedtime within the cabin right along with killing the internal LED lighting.

Standard we also add features that are usually in high end campers such as 22" LED tv inside the cabin with an ipod docking sound bar for the sound and shelving in all corners for phones, ipods, remotes, and other things to keep handy. 4 outlets inside the cabin to power lights tv and accessories and 1 external gfci to power the tent and another to power the AC/heater unit. 2 dual plug outlets in the Galley for powering fridge, microwave, and any other appliances you might want to use while camping. Included in this galley are a 3.1 2 door fridge/freezer or a single door 4.1 fridge and a 700 to 1000 watt microwave as well. Part of the rear 2 ft galley section is an internal full height floor to ceiling closet and is next to the TV on the rear wall in the cabin.

The things different than a teardrop are the squared backend which affords for a much roomier cabin and no claustrophobic tendencies at all as well as a nice large fridge or thermoelectric coleman large ice chest in the galley area to keep a lot of stuff cold when out there many days at a time roughing it Wink and a lot of storage space underneath the complete cabin and is a 5' x 8' area 12" deep that is divided into 3 separate locked concealed areas that are completely trimmed in diamond plate.

A lot of the teardrops are quite pricey but this fully loaded version complete is $7000.00 plus tax. The size profile is 11.5' long 6' high and 6' wide and weight is 1400 pounds with a 3500 pound axle under it. Fully insulated and strong as I walked on the ceiling during build to prove the strength and I'm 190 pounds so with or without some rails you can put a lot on the ceiling as well. Has standard 14" vent and vent cover up front over the cabin for ventilation as well as aerating the cabin while rolling down the road and keep the cabin dry and fresh even if its raining.
Last edited by linuxmanxxx on Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
linuxmanxxx
500 Club

Postby honeask » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:56 am

Have you completed your project yet?
Sandy

We're not here for a long time, just here for a good time.
The stars at night are big and bright, (clap) (clap) (clap) (clap) DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS.
honeask
Donating Member

Postby linuxmanxxx » Mon May 02, 2011 9:41 pm

About 90% completed.....I changed from putting trim on outside to doing it all fiberglass and then painting all the edges and corners so smooth profile all around. All my pics are on my facebook and the company has a facebook as well microcampers.
linuxmanxxx
500 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Mon May 02, 2011 10:54 pm

We will be watching to see the pictures of your completed microcamper and we wish you success in your venture. :)
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Pictures

Postby linuxmanxxx » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:51 pm

The prototype is built and adding the graphics tomorrow but I'm going to go ahead and upload some pics of the finished product and see what all you guys think. Very different vision of style and layout on a 4x8 trailer with a queen size bed galley with fridge microwave and storage and air conditioned with included add on tent. Look in my album in my signature to see the pictures.
linuxmanxxx
500 Club

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:52 am

Certainly looking forward to more specs/info. There is no mention of size, other than "it matters" :lol:

The $6000 price tag threw me off. Is that for a base model? or a version loaded with the entertainment package?

Keep up the good work and keep the pics coming! :thumbsup:
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Postby linuxmanxxx » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:24 pm

It's 6 ft wide and the cabin is 7 ft long with a 2 ft galley. It stands about 5'6" in height and the interior has a queen size bed with 4" foam mattress. The price is the base model which includes all of the amenities AC, TV with speakers, Fridge, Microwave, and the tent. Curb weight is 1350 pounds and production I'm going to try and shave another 2 to 3 hundred off of it.
linuxmanxxx
500 Club

Postby linuxmanxxx » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:19 pm

Got some professionally done pics up on the site finally have a look see. Now have raw designs ready for a pickup model and a motorcycle model as well.
linuxmanxxx
500 Club

Postby linuxmanxxx » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:54 am

One of the things that most people would be interested in is the builder's option we're going to offer. Finished outside and a primered inside no appliances and just open areas. This would give a much cheaper and time saving option to a person who wants to customize their own but not take a year to build out the complete camper. The price is 3500.
linuxmanxxx
500 Club

Postby linuxmanxxx » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:34 pm

The best thing about this design over the traditional teardrop design is the cabin is large and spacious and not claustrophobic like a teardrop cabin. Over 3 ft high so that you can situp on opposite sides of the cabin and have plenty room for games or cards in between. The 2 dr fridge freezer is something that has a large freezer compartment and the fridge portion is laid out very well. Future design change will be to move the AC to the side wall and change the current location to a full length closet space inside the cabin. Tentative development is already in progress for pickup and motorcycle models with the pickup having full size bed with ac and the motorcycle having twin bed with ac with add on tent as an option which is standard on the trailer model.
linuxmanxxx
500 Club

Postby linuxmanxxx » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:20 pm

First sell is under our belt and now building 2 more and go from there.
linuxmanxxx
500 Club

Postby Danny » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:50 am

linuxmanxxx wrote:The best thing about this design over the traditional teardrop design is the cabin is large and spacious and not claustrophobic like a teardrop cabin. Over 3 ft high so that you can situp on opposite sides of the cabin and have plenty room for games or cards in between. The 2 dr fridge freezer is something that has a large freezer compartment and the fridge portion is laid out very well. Future design change will be to move the AC to the side wall and change the current location to a full length closet space inside the cabin. Tentative development is already in progress for pickup and motorcycle models with the pickup having full size bed with ac and the motorcycle having twin bed with ac with add on tent as an option which is standard on the trailer model.
:thinking: Hmmm! Just went out and measured my woodie tear interior height, it is 45'' tall inside with lots of room to sit up and dress,Floor space length is nearly 8 feet interior front to back, etc..I like curvy profiles as well. JMHO. Danny
Danny
The 300 Club

Postby linuxmanxxx » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:06 am

Thats nice but what storage do you have as well as what is your weight? Not knocking the teardrop style but you have to go much larger and heavier to get the room and no 3.1 cubic ft fridge/freezer AC and microwave in most of the TD for sale and especially not at a 6k price.
linuxmanxxx
500 Club

Postby Danny » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:15 am

linuxmanxxx wrote:Thats nice but what storage do you have as well as what is your weight? Not knocking the teardrop style but you have to go much larger and heavier to get the room and no 3.1 cubic ft fridge/freezer AC and microwave in most of the TD for sale and especially not at a 6k price.
The galley is 24" deep..48" wide24 " tall , of course you lose space with the curve but, with new 5 day ice chest, 2 burner propane, what more does one need? You can store quite a bit inside under galley sleeping bags air matress, food, water etc..I build light my tear weighs under 500 pounds.. pix are in my album..
Danny
The 300 Club

Postby linuxmanxxx » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:28 pm

Production model is progressing quite well about 80% into the build and will be done around a week or so out and next one will go really quick. Current pics of the build are on our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/microcampers This is going to work out and be so much nicer than the prototype on a much sturdier trailer and larger storage area plus the lower trailer is closed in diamond plate on front and sides to really dress it up and this is standard. AC is 6500 btu so it will cool the addon tent rather well and freeze the cabin. Soon will be building our first toy hauler design and soon after that a pickup bed model that will be even with the cab height. Have a great shop in austin tx with 1650 sq ft so can put some product out.
linuxmanxxx
500 Club

Next

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers