Mobile Outdoor Adventure Bedroom Re-Design Released

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Mobile Outdoor Adventure Bedroom Re-Design Released

Postby schaney » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:53 am

As many folks know, Compact Camping Concepts focuses on Softsided style lightweight camping trailers. Last year we released the only one of it’s kind, USA made, DIY folding style Trailer Tent. We call them MOABs or Mobile Outdoor Adventure Bedrooms.

This Summer we are releasing a re-design with a couple of key changes.

We started by rotating the Tent orientation 180 degrees so foot end is now the side that folds out. Climbing in on top of the trailer is more stable and eliminates the possible leverage effect an extended platform can have on a trailer. Then the Changing Rooms received some refinements. They will now be Green, made from a heavier fabric and come in two different height ranges. Finally we are offer a new lower base price and making Changing Rooms an optional item. The basic MOAB kit will be $679 and MOAB kits with a changing room will be $795.

We are busily writing documentation and getting parts in to be ready to start shipping the week of 06/20. Additional details, specs and picture will be available at Compact Camping Concepts MOAB shortly.

Scott
Camping the "Compact Way"
schaney
500 Club

Postby stomperxj » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:50 pm

Looks great Scott. Makes a lot of sense to have it fold the new way for stability sake... Good luck with the sales!

:thumbsup:

Jess
stomperxj
The 300 Club

Postby schaney » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:14 pm

Thanks Jess, Yes much more stable this way.
Scott
schaney
500 Club

Postby arthuruscg » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:39 am

Might I suggest switching to flat top fenders that can be used as a step.
arthuruscg
Teardrop Builder

Postby schaney » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:14 am

Yes, I use both round and flat top fenders on trailers. Flat tops can works as a step. I like to use a Werner work platform or step stool so I have a place a sit down to take of shoes and use it to climb in.

Scott
schaney
500 Club

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers