Little Guy Silver Shadow Defect - Advice?

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Postby jerry101jlh » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:54 am

I'm just going to come out and say it, something wrong with this picture. Looking at the Silver Shadow in question, fenders not the type LG uses, past or present. Also I am not aware of any LG rigs built in Indiana. Going to be interested in seeing what's what on this one. I am not saying anyone is not being truthful, just at a loss on things.
jerry101jlh
Teardrop Master

Postby iplay10us2 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:13 pm

jerry101jlh wrote:I'm just going to come out and say it, something wrong with this picture. Looking at the Silver Shadow in question, fenders not the type LG uses, past or present. Also I am not aware of any LG rigs built in Indiana. Going to be interested in seeing what's what on this one. I am not saying anyone is not being truthful, just at a loss on things.

The Little Trailer Company in Elkhart, IN did build Silver Shadows for Little Guy for several years, but there were quality control issues with many of the trailers. Little Trailer Company no longer builds for Little Guy.
Susann
iplay10us2
Silver Donating Member

Postby jerry101jlh » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:00 pm

Thanks Susan
jerry101jlh
Teardrop Master

Re: Little Guy Silver Shadow Defect - Advice?

Postby indykar1 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:01 am

[quote="LoriCz"]I love my Silver Shadow buuuuttt…..

I purchased this 2009 SS directly from LG in Ohio in June 2010. It was a demo and sold as new, manufactured in Elkhart, IN. I used it several times in both 2010 and 2011. When not using it I kept it stored in my attached one-car garage or in a storage warehouse for the winter (unheated but brick with cement and dry). To my best recollection, it has seen rain twice – once on the road and once camping. When I get home from each trip, I usually wipe down the trailer with a damp (not wet) rag to clean it.

I contacted Little Guy several times by email, including pictures, and no response. Then I tried their online “chat with a service repâ€
indykar1
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Visionsbydarrah » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:51 pm

Greetings everyone... I was wondering if you ever found a fix for your Shadow problem?
I was out cleaning my Shadow to day getting it ready for a trip coming up soon and found the same problem one the passenger side of it. :cry:

I e-mailed Littleguy this afternoon with a few pictures of it…. Scott got back with me and said it would need to have the sidewalls replaced. :NC

But since there is no more warranty for it……not for sure what to do about it.

So if you have found any good ideas please let me know…. Frustrated in Kansas!!!! :x
Pat
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser.
2015 LittleGuy MyPod.
My YouTube Channel: https://m.youtube.com/user/TheVisionsbydarrah
Visionsbydarrah
Teardrop Master

Postby Shadow Catcher » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:39 pm

There are inherent problems, that is quite clear. There is certainly a moral responsibility even if the warranty is past and there may well be legal responsibility since it clearly an inherent product problem. I can recommend a lawyer in Elk Hart that I contacted when threatening to take Eye4Design to court to get our trailer. Ohio is actually easier as the RV manufacturers seem to have really put up roadblocks to litigation in Indiana, (why was I not surprised).
One of the real problems I see in the RV industry is the cover their ass warranties that tell me they know what garbage they are putting out.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby Visionsbydarrah » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:39 am

Thanks for the offer.
Littleguy had worked on my trailer last summer and Scott is trying to find out what they did or didn't do then.

I'm not holding my breath on anything.. But here is to a small glimmer of hope.
I'll let everyone know what happens in the next few days to come.
Pat
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser.
2015 LittleGuy MyPod.
Visionsbydarrah
Teardrop Master

Postby Visionsbydarrah » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:59 pm

Ok, I heard from Soctt from littleguy today.
And according to him in order to care of this problem one would have to have there trailer resided with fiberglass walls.... And one should never hhave this problem again.
This option sounds cheeper then getting a new trailer. ( at lest for me. )

Well thats all I,know at this point in time.
Pat
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser.
2015 LittleGuy MyPod.
Visionsbydarrah
Teardrop Master

Postby Jacquie » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:18 pm

We bought the 2012 Silver Shadow and I'm hoping we don't have similar issues. Ours was built in PA by Pleasant Valley Trailers. Anyone have any issues yet? We will be watching our trailer like hawks and will be quick to post if any concerns. If I'd seen this thread before we bought, we may not have. I hope we didn't make an expensive mistake. :NC
Jacquie
Donating Member

Postby iplay10us2 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:21 pm

Jacquie wrote:We bought the 2012 Silver Shadow and I'm hoping we don't have similar issues. Ours was built in PA by Pleasant Valley Trailers. Anyone have any issues yet? We will be watching our trailer like hawks and will be quick to post if any concerns. If I'd seen this thread before we bought, we may not have. I hope we didn't make an expensive mistake. :NC

You shouldn't have a problem. It was only certain years, and only those made by the Little Trailer Company.
Susann
iplay10us2
Silver Donating Member

Postby PKCSPT » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:28 pm

They seem to be very customer focused so call if you have any questions. Mines is not the silver shadow but it has been tested on some pretty rugged roads
121172 116946 159644
PKCSPT
Silver Donating Member

Postby ParTaxer » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:45 am

I've had a Silver Shadow for six years with no problems. I would buy again especially since they are made by Pleasant Valley.
I have wisdom beyond my years. In fact, I'm nearly senile.
ParTaxer
The 300 Club

Postby LoriCz » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:41 pm

To the person who got a response from LG - did they say how much the re-siding would cost?

I wrote them again 2 weeks ago ... still no response. Last I heard from them was "I'll check and get back to you in a couple days" back in October.

I think I'm just going to sell it, and probably my 2011 Subaru Forester that I bought specifically to pull it. I don't have the skills to replace the siding and have not found any information on how to do a temporary fix on it.

I just don't have the money with my kids going to college to get it fixed. Plus I'm getting a little tired of camping alone after 2 years :(

Thanks for all your input everyone and good luck to the other Silver Shadow!

Lori
LoriCz
Teardrop Builder

Postby Shadow Catcher » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:16 pm

I hate to see you give up, I would be calling until I got an answer and I would be thinking of legal action. Ohio is easier than Indiana for legal action against a manufacturer. (I went through that exercise with ours).
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby Visionsbydarrah » Wed May 23, 2012 8:15 pm

Hey Lori, I sent you a PM awhile back.... :)
I hope it help as far as the cost of getting Little Guy to fix it.
I talked to Scott today ( really just an e-mail.) but the cost was a little bit cheaper then I remembered it to be.

Little Guy has my trailer now and hopefully I will have it back next Month some time. (June.) :twisted:
Pat
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser.
2015 LittleGuy MyPod.
Visionsbydarrah
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers