Little Guy Silver Shadow Defect - Advice?

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Little Guy Silver Shadow Defect - Advice?

Postby LoriCz » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:12 pm

I love my Silver Shadow buuuuttt…..

I purchased this 2009 SS directly from LG in Ohio in June 2010. It was a demo and sold as new, manufactured in Elkhart, IN. I used it several times in both 2010 and 2011. When not using it I kept it stored in my attached one-car garage or in a storage warehouse for the winter (unheated but brick with cement and dry). To my best recollection, it has seen rain twice – once on the road and once camping. When I get home from each trip, I usually wipe down the trailer with a damp (not wet) rag to clean it.

This July I found a dime sized bubble on the Lamilux, a few inches under the door. “Aw crapâ€
LoriCz
Teardrop Builder

Postby canned o minimum » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:29 pm

Little Guy reps are usually better at addressing "issues"... I'd send a registered letter to them and see how that goes.

Documentation is EVERYTHING ! Times and dates of e-mails,phone calls, etc.
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby arsnls64 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:36 pm

Lori,

I tried, and tried to get resolution on my Little Guy, but to no avail! I finally gave up and will not recomend them to anyone. Almost everyone who has one has some sort of issue. And the service after the sale is just down right awful.

Lew
arsnls64
Teardrop Inspector

Postby canned o minimum » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:40 pm

Mine is a 2005 4wide that I bought as a salvage...but haven't had any real problems with it. I have been to the local dealer in San Diego,Ca. and he has been VERY GOOD at customer service !

Sorry to hear bout yer negative experience...
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Shadow Catcher » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:30 pm

Usually LG is more on top of the issues I would be a great deal more persistent. http://www.golittleguy.com/teardrops/contact.php '

The Kicker is.
"Warranty requests/questions: If trailer VIN starts with 1P9, then call 330-852-4811

If trailer VIN begins with 1L9, then call our toll free corporate office number at 1-877-545-4897 as the manufacturer of your trailer has liquidated and reformed under the name Fiberton and declares that they bear no legal responsibility to service your trailer
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby LoriCz » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:36 am

Yup - The VIN begins with that 1L9, however... the Lamilux is a separate warranty with different time limitations. I did call that number, no answer but it was probably off hours - I will have to try calling during my lunch.

At this point, I have to just patch it up and store it. It's not going to look very pretty with that duct tape on it as I drive around the country, but it will serve as reverse advertising for Little Guy.
LoriCz
Teardrop Builder

Postby PKCSPT » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:50 am

Sorry to hear about your problems. My 2009 has been good so far knock on wood.
121172 116946 159644
PKCSPT
Silver Donating Member

Postby jlreyburn » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:17 pm

I am really shocked, Chris at Little Guy always seemed ready to help. This will not look good to potential customers lurking on the site. I also have a Silver Shadow, bought as the floor model and have not had any big problems. I hope you hear from LG soon, I would hate to lose faith in them.
:o
jlreyburn
Teardrop Advisor

Postby canned o minimum » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:42 pm

As was stated earlier.. they are USUALLY great on customer service...THIS is NOT the place fer THEM to miss the "ball"...I'd call corporate and fill them in on yer problem.. and yer CS problem as well.. Be sure that THEY know that you are on T&TTT and a LOTTA people are watching to see how this turns out.
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby wired » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:25 am

Anytime you send an email of this type you should send it with a "request read receipt". This way you have proof that it has been received and read. Might help with any "I never received your email" issues down the road. Just my .02
wired
The 300 Club

Postby Carter & Susan » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:08 pm

I had the window glass come out of the metal latch. Re-glued and seems to holding for now. From the stamp in the corner of the window it appears the window is for horizontal use not vertical. Thoughts anyone??

Thanks
Carter

:thinking: :thinking:
Last edited by Carter & Susan on Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Carter & Susan
Gold Donating Member

Postby LoriCz » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:38 pm

Carter - Thanks, I sent you a private message.

Here are some pix I took of the problem. Sorry for the lack of quality - phone camera.

LoriCz
Teardrop Builder

Silver Shadow Question

Postby Rick Wood » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:50 pm

:) My wife and I purchased a used Silver Shadow last April (2011). It is the one shown in the picture album for TANDS, and was apparently one of those featured in the TD video (which I never saw).

We have not noticed any problem like that discussed in this string. But I have noticed another issue that I want to point out.

The sides of our SS are BLACK. When it is parked with the sun shining on the driver's side, it heats up, and the side skin puckers above and behind the door. When it cools off again, these puckers disappear. The mysterious thing is that it does not occur on the passenger side under the same conditions.

I guess that this is due to "differential thermal expansion" of the skin relative to the understructure. I worry that this will eventually cause leaks where the sidewall meets the roof, or that the puckers will eventually become permanent.

We store the TD inside when not in use. But we like using it, and cannot always park in the shade.

Have any other Silver Shadow owners noticed anything like this?

New subject: SS owners should check out the Silver Shadow now listed in the For Sale forum, and look at the sellers album. He has had water leak at the hatch hinge on the passenger side. He does not plan to fix it; is trying to sell it instead.
Rick Wood
Teardrop Inspector

Postby jerry101jlh » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:29 am

Sounds like maybe the ball has been dropped here, but LG usually good at correcting problems. As an owner of an LG I know first hand they take care of their own. Sometimes things get lost in the mix as they get passed from this person to that till they reach the one that can actually solve the problem. Of course I can not say any problems brought to light here will be taken care of, but the LG history is one of good customer service.
jerry101jlh
Teardrop Master

Postby bobhenry » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:49 am

Lori....

Here is Lamilux's contact site maybe an end run might help.

http://www.lamilux.com/1259.0.html
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Next

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers