TC Teardrops

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

TC Teardrops

Postby RioWilson » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:31 pm

Just wondering if there are any TC Teardrop owners out there? http://www.tcteardrops.com

We really like what we have seen about them on the web - just wondering if anyone has real life experience with one.

Thanks!
RioWilson
Teardrop Master

Re: TC Teardrops

Postby Betsey » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:04 pm

Ken & Nettie, who live south of Waupaca, have a TCTeardrop & really like it.

Here is Ken's post about it: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31491&p=554626&hilit=tcteardrops#p554626

We have had the opportunity of meeting & camping with Ken & Nettie - really nice people. I'm sure if you sent him a pm, Ken would be happy to respond.

Betsey
8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby RioWilson » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:07 pm

Betsey wrote:Ken & Nettie, who live south of Waupaca, have a TCTeardrop & really like it.

Here is Ken's post about it: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31491&p=554626&hilit=tcteardrops#p554626

We have had the opportunity of meeting & camping with Ken & Nettie - really nice people. I'm sure if you sent him a pm, Ken would be happy to respond.

Betsey
8)

Thanks so much - PM sent!
RioWilson
Teardrop Master

Postby ken and nettie » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:40 am

Thank you for the kind words Betsey! The pleasure was ours, meeting you and everyone at the camp-in!

Ron,
I did send you a PM just in case you miss it, and I will repeat much of what I said. Our experience with Todd , Carol and TC trailers has been a positive experience.
Todd is very open to working out things after the sale , which to me, is very important. For example, the trailer suffered some road damage after I had a tire blow out with the tow vehicle. Todd was helpful in ordering a new axle, and even drove down to my house and installed it! In another instance, Todd retro-fitted a hurricane hinge and adjusted the side doors, all at his expense. Are there things that I wish I had optioned differently? Sure, but that is what steered me toward Todd and his trailers. He was willing to listen to our needs, and built the trailer accordingly.

Hope this helps out!
ken and nettie
Teardrop Inspector

Postby moxie50 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:32 pm

Hi everyone, I just joined on the spot after stumbling across this great site so I could wax enthusiastically about our "TC Teardrops" 5x8. Sorry I'm not so up on adding pictures, ours looks much like these folks' unit, but is less tapered in the back, theirs must be 5x9 or 10. We met Todd and Carole (TC-get it?) at the Canoecopia paddling show in Madison WI a few years back, and my wife, who always saw herself in such a craft went crazy! We could actually afford this!!! What a great way to travel with our kayaks. These two people are more like family now than "the manufacturer" we even camped with them as they showed us the ins and outs of the sea caves of the Apostle Islands National Seashore (Lake Superior). No previous connections prior to first meeting them at that show, I might add. We have also towed to Savannah, Georgia and Charleston. We tow with a 2000 Honda Prelude, a 200 hp four cylinder. I drive too fast, and have found myself as high as 95 mph WITH the kayaks, you don't even know the "rig" is back there. Look at the customer pics of the 5x8s on their site, our red/red combo is slick!!

Talk about accomodating, they had us meet at a location they were already going to, cutting four hours off our drive to take delivery. We live near the IL/WI line between Lake Geneva WI and Fox Lake IL Just let me know if you would like to see ours. I may not be on this site often enough for a PM to be effective, call me on my cell (Jay), 815-861-5866. Ours has been outside through two Illinois winter, no leaks or chipmunk (etc) intrusions. These units ar not fancy, but boy does ours do the job we want done. If you need mahogany with turned maple spindles etc, go pay three time more. Stained, the special plywood they use looks very nice. We couldn't be happier.
Last edited by moxie50 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moxie50
Teardrop Inspector

Postby RioWilson » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:01 pm

That's great to hear. We took a trip up to Wausau earlier in the month and were so impressed we put our deposit down. Can't wait to get ours now - this weather this week makes me want to go camping right now! Thanks again for your input.
RioWilson
Teardrop Master

Postby moxie50 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:12 pm

Hi, me again. After discovering this site we have decided to attend the meet this weekend with The Tearjerkers at Juneau Castle Rock Park. Feel free to stop by and see our two year old TC Teardrops, red with red Honda Prelude. Stop over if you are there, but if we and our kayaks are not around, you know we are on the lake, stop back later!
moxie50
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Backroads4me » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:40 pm

Hello, I just registered here, this is a great website. Wanted to say my boyfriend and I recently visited the TCTeardrop shop in Wausau and wound up putting a deposit on a 5 by 9 model. Todd and Carole were very helpful in answering all of our questions and let us (and our two border collies) actually get in their personal camper to check it out.
Our TD should be ready in February and we can't wait to go camping in it!

Deb
Deb

Backroads4me
Teardrop Master

Postby k0rpl » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:07 pm

Becky, and I have purchased a 5 x 10 Model from Todd, and Carol. Couldn't be happier! Look forard to getting out in it more this coming Year! We picked it up on May of 12'

If you have any questions, Please feel free to ask!

Justin
k0rpl
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Backroads4me » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:17 pm

Hi Justin! Was wondering what kind of tow vehicle you have, and how the trailer hauls for you. As mentioned in my previous post, we have a 5 X 9 on order for February. Any options that you wish you would have gotten to begin with, or don't bother using now, any changes/choices you would make if you had the chance now?
Deb

Backroads4me
Teardrop Master

Postby k0rpl » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:22 am

Well, Thats a Loaded question! There are always things you want to do differently in hindsight. None of them are the fault of the builder in anyway. Todd and carol have gone above and beyond the call of duty several times. I even spoke with him two nights ago about some wiring questions for a solar panel, and some other small things I want to do. One of the things that I would change if we do it again, is to get more shelf's, or cubbies inside. Also a few more in the back, but that is being rectified, as I come up with some plans, and construct a few things. As far as Tow Vehicle, I am pulling it with a 2001 Jeep Wrangler with the 4.0L Inline six with a five speed Manual Transmission. Don't even know it's back there.... And I have done some to mine, so it is quite a bit heavier than the stock 5 x 10. I have only had a few situations on Steep hills where I had to come down a Gear. Anytime I am on the Highway, I am pulling in fifth, and the Jeep doesn't even know it is back there. Tracks like it is on rails. Which due to the short wheelbase of the two vehicle is very impressive. If you have any questions, Please don't hesitate to call me at 920-471-8008, and I can go into this in further detail! Enjoy your new toy!! What are you pulling it with?

Justin
k0rpl
Teardrop Inspector

Postby RioWilson » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:22 am

The day finally came and we picked up our 5X9 yesterday and couldn't be happier. Pulled it home with our diesel VW jetta and it towed great. Now we begin the process of moving in consolidating our tent camping gear with the gear from our old Toy Hauler RV...
RioWilson
Teardrop Master

Postby wildboar » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:49 pm

RioWilson,

I plan on puling my 5x9 with a VW Golf TDI. I was wondering if you notice much sag in the rear suspension of your Jetta when pulling your 5x9?

-Dan
-Dan
wildboar
Teardrop Inspector

Postby RioWilson » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:21 pm

wildboar wrote:RioWilson,

I plan on puling my 5x9 with a VW Golf TDI. I was wondering if you notice much sag in the rear suspension of your Jetta when pulling your 5x9?

-Dan

Hardly any Dan....

Good luck!
RioWilson
Teardrop Master

Postby Backroads4me » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:18 am

Will be picking up my 5 X 9 TCTeardrop next Wed (the 27th). Went with the RAL6004 Dark Blue Green for the sides, black fenders, the steel rims with the "Baby Moon" hubcaps, and a darker antique maple stain for the inside and galley. Have a bunch of different ideas for the bedding and curtains, can't wait to get started on them. Looking forward to camping season, and will hopefully make it to the TCTeardrop camp gathering planned in October, just east of Portage, Wisconsin. Anyone else going?

Deb

***Will post photos as soon as I bring "Solitude" home. Have a copy of an O. Winston Link nighttime photograph featuring a steam train about to pass a town sign of "Solitude". Just love that photo.******
Deb

Backroads4me
Teardrop Master

Next

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers