Truth in vending

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Truth in vending

Postby david.misisco » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:55 pm

Wow! I'm new to teardrops and have been researching vendors. Seems that every manufacturer's website presents their product differently. Different options, and prices. Different standard features versus what are options. Very confusing. Can anyone share their experiences as to which manufacturer provides the best bank for your buck, the fewer additional options? I'm in the market for a TD but don't want to create my own spreadsheet to figure out who offers what for how much.
david.misisco
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Truth in vending

Postby Wimperdink » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:26 pm

It might help to know what features are a must and what are optional for you, and also your roundabout budget. Fan? AC?
Image You know a man is on the level if his bubble is in the middle.
Wimperdink
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby david.misisco » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:57 pm

Good point on both accounts. I'm not going to build my own TD. I don't have skills or the resources. I need to buy a manufactured trailer.

What I'm looking for is a full featured trailer with a few amenities in the cabin. I don't need TV or an entertainment center, but A/C is a must. The galley features are important to my wife. She loves to cook and I love to eat so the better equipped the better.
david.misisco
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Shadow Catcher » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:25 am

The criteria I used was based on quality of build, and our choice is unfortunately no longer in business. The best quality I have see is Camp-Inn http://tinycamper.com
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby david.misisco » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:38 am

Thanks Shadow Catcher. I keep coming back to that company when I look on the web. They do seem to have a great product. A bit pricey though. Is it possible to get a comparable TD from another manufacturer for a little less?
david.misisco
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Woodbutcher » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:15 am

david.misisco wrote:Thanks Shadow Catcher. I keep coming back to that company when I look on the web. They do seem to have a great product. A bit pricey though. Is it possible to get a comparable TD from another manufacturer for a little less?

No, they are the top of the line. I will tell you that they retain their resale value far better then any of the others.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Postby david.misisco » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:20 am

:thumbsup: Thanks.
david.misisco
Teardrop Inspector

Postby jfocallag » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:27 am

I don't know where you are located but if you contact Cary at Camp Inn, he will put you in touch with an owner in your area so that you can go see one. If you are in the Portland, OR area, I would be happy to show you my Raindrop (560).
jfocallag
Teardrop Builder

Postby david.misisco » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:20 am

I live in the Monterey, CA area. Thanks for the offer though.
david.misisco
Teardrop Inspector

Postby danlott » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:11 pm

You could check out Vacations In A Can http://vacations-in-a-can.com/

They make a pretty nice trailer and they are close enough to you to make a trip out to visit them.

Dan
Hoplite Traveler Build thread
Image Image
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
danlott
Donating Member

Postby grant whipp » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:55 am

+1 what Dan said ... you won't be sorry ... :thumbsup: ...!

Since you are on the West Coast, though, you might as well check out Oregon Trail'R in Eugene, OR,and Cozy Cruiser, also in Eugene, OR. There are a few others, as well, as you probably already know.

Good Luck, and as always ...

CHEERS!
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby david.misisco » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:04 pm

Thanks for the recommendations. Looks like the Vacations-in-a-can folks are only a few hours from where I live. We'll have to plan a visit an check them out.
:wine:
david.misisco
Teardrop Inspector

Postby grant whipp » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:07 am

Why not come on up to Lake Shasta May 1-5 for the 20th Dam Gathering of the Tears at Antlers RV Park & Campgrounds in Lakehead? ViaC and a whole lot of others will be there ... probably well over 150 trailers to check out, and most of the West Coast mfgs. will be represented one way or another. Hope to see you there! As always ...

CHEERS!
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby david.misisco » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:37 am

That would be an awesome opportunity. I'll check that one out with my better half. Thanks.
david.misisco
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Wolfgang92025 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:22 pm

grant whipp wrote: ... probably well over 150 trailers to check out, and most of the West Coast mfgs. will be represented one way or another.
CHEERS!

Grant is right, if you get a chance go, you won't be sorry. You can spent all the time you want looking different trailers and get real feedback from the owners of what they like, and things they wish were different.
Wolfgang

Wolfgang92025
Lifetime member

Next

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers