Mega-Mini

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Mega-Mini

Postby MikeB75 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:58 pm

My wife and I ran across a company "Eye4 Design Conversions" who make the Mega-Mini. The MM looks very comfortable although a little pricey. :o We will be going to Goshen, IN to look at one later this month. Anyone know about this unit or have one?

Appreciate any input.

Mike & Tina
MikeB75
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Mega-Mini

Postby Shadow Catcher » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:17 pm

Are they back in business, we have #7 and to my knowledge the last one they made. It was plagued with problems including electrical, wired incorrectly and a fundamental design flaw in the tongue framing. We also owned #1 which which had a catastrophic failure when it broke (its second owner) and I spent over seven hundred dollars having ours reinforce. I wrote to Eric detailing problems and suggestions, never got a reply.
Having said all that we love ours now that all the problems are fixed.
The write up of that experience is here viewtopic.php?f=50&t=33634
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby MikeB75 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:55 pm

Thanks Shadow Catcher!

Since I am not any kind of "handy" man, I do want to have something right up front that is good. I have only sent them an email to find out the weight of the 5X10 (late last week with no answer yet). I will be calling them to find out if they are still in business and see if they have progressed beyond #7 :thinking:
From what you described I think they are now offering the changes you talked about. We will see. I had planned to go there later this month and start the ball rolling......we will see.

Thanks again,
MikeB75
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Shadow Catcher » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:43 am

I will be keeping track of what happens. We love ours and the offering of a 5 wide would indicate they have progressed (ours is a 6). The tongue flex and aluminum's finite modulus of elasticity would be my biggest concern.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby MikeB75 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:57 pm

Well, I thought I would complete this thread. After a couple of email non answers and voice mail (the same) :o we started to look elsewhere. And, we found just what we wanted and close to home. We checked in with Whetzel Thrace Travelers and found it.
Now we excited about our new Whetzeldorf being constructed! 8)
Mike
MikeB75
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Betsey » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:42 am

Freshstart wrote:And, we found just what we wanted and close to home. We checked in with Whetzel Thrace Travelers and found it.
Now we excited about our new Whetzeldorf being constructed! 8)
Mike

Mike,

Congratulations! You won't be disappointed - Dan does beautiful work & is a great guy!

Betsey
8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers