Teardrops NW

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Teardrops NW

Postby DaveWeinstein » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:59 am

Has anyone got any experience with these teardrops? They appear to be getting into the same price range as the Camp-Inn models, and I was wondering how they compared.

http://teardropsnw.com/

Thanks,
--Dave
DaveWeinstein
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Teardrops NW

Postby tony.latham » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:40 pm

I don't.

But they are using something similar to Steve Frederick's (or is it visa-versa?) hatch- seal method. Having owned a Hunter teardrop, and built a tear using Frederick's method, I think that method is superior to the traditional manner.

I also appreciate NW's CNC router manufacturing method. Sweeeeet.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby gudmund » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:22 am

I have one of the very first trailers that was built in Teardrops NW's shop (Mar/Apr 2012) when they first started building them after I ordered it from a private builder who joined up with them - picked it up from their shop May 2012. Have been following their builds since than and have been more and more impressed with their ever evolving building changes and custom work they offer with each trailer. Mine was a basic 4x8 with not many options that is doing just great!! (about the only thing I would do different if I had it to do over again would be ordering it with the larger doors that they are building their trailers with now - 36inch tall ones instead of 32's - MORE ENTER/EXIT HEAD ROOM!!) I think they build a nice trailer at a comparable $$$$ with other builders and would have them build another if I ever do it again!!!
gudmund
500 Club

Postby Toyotamike » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:43 pm

A lady on here has the tear in the 4th picture of the main page. Literally that one. She hangs out in the northwest section of the forum. She seems really happy with the company and the trailer.
Toyotamike
Teardrop Builder

Postby halfdome, Danny » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:11 pm

Last August Ed & I were invited to their shop for a tour.
The owner has a lot of CNC experience & he told me he was in the CNC market for several years.
From what I saw, it's basically a two maybe three man operation making a trailer or two at a time.

The shop was clean and the appearance was a professional one.
I visited with the guy who was working on one and he seemed very knowledgeable.
They seem to want to make the best teardrop around as they were picking the brains of those who were builders at the Powerland Steam Up In Brookings Oregon.

He said they had unknowingly sold a leaker teardrop and instead of trying to fix it, they just made a complete new non leaking one to keep their customer happy.

In my opinion, they make a nice teardrop and stand behind what they sell.

Whenever considering a purchase like this, take the time, look around, and buy what meets your needs and budget.
Just because a builder is using a CNC doesn't make their product any better than the tried and true methods, just makes it faster with less waste and repeatability.
I've made lots of complex store fixtures without the aid of a CNC.
Don't buy it because it's cute, the cuteness wears off really fast with a poorly built trailer.
:D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby SBergeron » Thu May 08, 2014 9:24 am

Hey we (my hubby and I were the ones with the 'leaker' and they went above and beyond in making things right by us. They custom built the replacement, letting me choose the design of the inner cabin cabinets and how I wanted the galley set up. They did lovely carvings for both inside and outside and really made sure that this trailer was the best! We were upgraded on several things on the new trailer including the bigger doors! What a difference they make. We love our little corner shelves too!

Bill, Sean, Jeff and the new guy are working flat out to get trailers made to the highest spec. and love to show how they do it!

Stephanie and Mark Bergeron
Picked up our New Teardrop Sashay from from Teardrops NW in Salem Or September 20, 2013!
On location in Goldendale at the full sized Replica Stonehenge.
SBergeron
Teardrop Builder

Postby TeardropsNW » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:50 pm

Howdy everybody! Sorry to revive an old thread.

My name's Chance, and I'm the SEO dude/CNC apprentice at TearDrops NW. I stumbled across this thread by accident, and it made my whole day! We sincerely thank the customers above for their kind words and praise.

I've been here for about a month and a half, and I'm continually impressed with the amount of attention and care that goes into every element of every trailer. Bill, Sean and Jeff really are master craftsmen.

Mike was kind enough to set us up with a company account. I don't want to promise that we'll be super-active, right away, just because I don't ordinarily speak for the shop (that's up to Bill and Sean). However, if anyone has any questions at all, please feel free to post them here. I'll see it at the beginning of my next workday, and I'll make sure somebody in-the-know gets back to you. If you don't receive a reply as quickly as you'd like, you can, of course, always contact us through our main site at http://teardropsnw.com/!

We aren't especially interested in trying to levy a sales pitch through a community forum, but we certainly wanted to make ourselves available. Please don't hesitate to contact us, in whatever manner is agreeable to you, or, if you're ever in the Pacific Northwest, come on down for a tour of the shop! We'll be moving soon, though, so make sure you double-check the address before you decide to stop in.

Pleased to meet you all! We're going to try to remember to sign our posts, so that you know who you're talking to if you receive a reply.

-Chance
Desk Jockey
TearDrops NW
TeardropsNW
Teardrop Inspector

Postby tubasteve » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:57 pm

My wife and I are excited to come down to Salem and visit the shop this weekend! :thumbsup:
tubasteve
Teardrop Inspector

Postby tubasteve » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:33 am

My wife and I had a great visit yesterday with Bill at the Teardrops NW shop. As complete and utter newbs to the world of teardrops it was great to have Bill take the time to really acquaint us with their product and procedures. The focus definitely seems to be on quality and the satisfaction of their customers.

The opportunity to get into one of their trailers and experience the space (not lack of space) was great. I have been reviewing the TDNW webpage a lot lately and was honestly impressed with the operation. I expected a high quality product, but my expectations fell short of what we saw. :shock:

To top it all off as we were wrapping up and chatting with Bill I mentioned that we have our first child on the way, a son. Bill asked if we had a name picked out and when we told him the name he asked if we had a few minutes to hang around, because he wanted to mill us a small sign with Dylan's name on it with his CNC router. In a matter of minutes Bill whipped up a design and we were at the machine marvelling at it quickly carving out a very handsome sign in gothic script. :thumbsup:

We hadn't agreed to buy a trailer and Bill didn't pressure us at all during our visit.... heck, he had even made a special trip into the shop to accomdate our Sunday visit and yet he still went above and beyond to create us a really special keepsake. Bill is a gentleman and a true craftsman. It was really obvious to us that he builds these trailers to make people happy and to help them make great memories.

We're excitedly doing the pre-planning to figure out how soon we can manage to make our order! Thanks again to Bill.... we hope to see you again soon :D
tubasteve
Teardrop Inspector

Postby drjenk » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:33 pm

My wife and I had a very nice visit as well a few weeks ago, and in fact put our down payment on a epic model one week ago. It was only a 3 hour drive from where we are in WA so it was a no brainer to take a look. We loved the workmanship, attention to detail and customization options. The kitchen/cabin configuration options, and the tongue box storage were just not to be denied. Bill has come up with a couple great ideas for our design, and we brought up a couple of our own. Pretty much anything we brought up was possible, although we cut back on a couple of the things we were thinking about adding just from pondering what we really want. We had a week long camping trip right after our initial visit and our campfire conversation for 6 nights was pretty much about the design options we had before us. We couldn't wait to get back from our trip to schedule a design meeting and pay our down payment. Our design meeting was 5 hours long and we're very excited, we're told it is a late September delivery. Bill and crew were very helpful and professional answering questions during our design meeting.
We were all but sold on another manufacturer. We'd have had to travel across the country with this other mfg thus forcing us to wait until our kids were out of school in 2015. But the wait involved gave us the luxury to look around very thoroughly for options, and we're glad we did.
drjenk
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers