Taylor Coach

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Taylor Coach

Postby b.bodemer » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:58 am

Just wanted to list a few things about Taylor Coach from Millgrove, Ontario.

Lot's of folks think about small standie trailers and this family run operation has trailers that start at 8'. We are talking 8' from tip to tip. These trailers, no matter what size, are very lighweight.

I'm excited to say that after being in touch with Brad Taylor since last year that I have sent them a 15% deposit so I am on the list for a Spring 2015 trailer. That's right..............takes a year to get your trailer because there is a waiting list. My next deposit is due in January and then the balance in the spring.

I've got 8 weeks up until the actual start of the build to make any final changes. I've picked Taylor Coach because he'll build it to your specs!!!! I think once you build a teardrop you get spoiled with having it built the way you like it so I'm getting the same from a custom builder for my retirement trailer.

Even though my trailer will be completed in April 2015 I will not be able to pick it up until the first week in June. Brad has invited me to camp right there for a few nights so I can try out all the features and feel totally confident before pulling out.

Lots of information about Taylor Coach's on their website and youtube channel.

http://www.taylorcoach.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/TaylorCoach1967

Below is their smallest trailer, Lil El, a motel on wheels.

Ready, set, camp!
Barb
Last edited by b.bodemer on Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Taylor Coach

Postby b.bodemer » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:57 am

On Tuesday I'll be taking a trip to Ontario to visit Taylor Coach. My niece will be in town and she's never been to Niagara Falls so after a stop there we'll drive another hour to Millgrove.

I'll get a chance to see one of the last trailers being built before they close for their summer vacation. The Taylor's are avid campers and I'm sure they are all looking forward to well derserved time off. My niece will help me pick some interior colors for the side walls, curtains, counter top, floor and dinette.

I'll post a follow up story once I return.

Barb
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Visit to Taylor Coach

Postby b.bodemer » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:40 am

123090 123091 123092

My visit to Taylor Coach was awesome! I am so happy that I picked a small company that actually builds their campers one at a time! Taylor Coach builds trailers from 8' - 24', that's tip to tip!

The coach in the first two pictures is their most popular model, a 14' rear entry camper that they were working on when I arrived.

The last photo shows the colors and fabric that I picked out: Floor, wall, cabinet, countertop, dinette & valence material.

My coach will have a front dinette with rear beds. That gives me 3 windows up front, 3 in the back and one by the kitchen sink. Only the front window will be stationary and more like a picture window. All the others are sliders. Hehr slider windows are all pass throughs. Not only can you slide the window open but you can slide the screen open.

I've got up to 8 weeks prior to the start of the build to have my final layout ready.

When I pick it up next year I will be hitting the road for the entire month of June.

Barb
Ready, set, camp!
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby b.bodemer » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:02 pm

With now a left knee replacement surgery I pushed back my Taylor Coach pickup from April to mid-August. No sense picking up a trailer when I still needed to rehab. At least I'm totally bionic with both knees! It allowed others to jump ahead of me on their production schedule.

Mine will be the last 2015 model built as they close for a late summer vacation. When they reopen in the fall they begin building 2016 model coaches.

Will certainly takes some pictures and post to my camping blog pages. Taylor Coach might be a nice option for those wanting a small standy. Their smallest is 8' tip to tip and the largest is 24'.

Ready, set, camp.
Barb
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Alan_H » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:42 pm

Did you get your trailer yet? Is there a review pending?
Alan_H
Lifetime member

Postby b.bodemer » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:21 am

Alan,
Just saw your post.

My 24' Taylor Coach is scheduled for pickup next Friday over the Labor Day weekend. Plan to camp for a week on the way back. A dream come true to move up from a teardrop, Scotty, a cargo trailer conversion and now to my dream retirement camper. Plenty of room for two but will sleep 6!

Here's a link to my blog page with pictures of the build so far. I can not say enough about how Brad Taylor has been staying in touch throughout the build and he's paying attention to all the details that will make this trailer unique to me. Brad often posts Youtube videos of trailers he's made. If mine gets posted I'll throw a link to that video down the road.

http://ourttnews.blogspot.com/

At pick up time he'll go over the trailer and all it's functions then pull out with me through town for a test drive once connected to my tow vehicle.

I'll check back in again for a reviews of the camper. If you can think it, Brad Taylor can build it!!!!

On a sad note it means soon I'll be leaving the TNTT community. This has been an awesome site for learning and sharing ideas. I'm paying it forward and giving a friend of mine the latest convertible teardrop that I built, the Simple Rimple.

Take care,
Ready, Set, Camp!

Barb
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Taylor Coach

Postby Ned B » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:10 am

Psst... Barb, haven't met you and just saw your thread here in the unseens...Congrats on the new trailer! I just had to put my two cents in: One important thing I do know, no matter what size trailer you own, you're always welcome here on the forums!
Ned B
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby b.bodemer » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:45 am

Thanks Ned!
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:23 pm

I just caught that...24' long! That ain't tiny!
There are probably a few Tearjerker campgrounds that you could come to though....
Best wishes to you and yours.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby b.bodemer » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:50 pm

b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

whee is the rest of it?

Postby BigGoofyGuy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:21 am

I have a Smart Fortwo. There are times I am asked 'where is the rest of the car?'. I wonder if there are those who have this camper trailer and have people ask them 'where is the rest of the camper?''?
8)
http://www.taylorcoach.com/models.php?type=10-dyl-single-bed
BigGoofyGuy
The 300 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:32 am

Hi, Barb: It looks like you got yourself a comfy home on wheels! I enjoyed your trailer tour and your camp pictures.
Imagine my surprise when I saw that you were at Geneva State Park! I was just there last year; but, only for one day (not camping....airplane travel) before heading south on a whirlwind trip. Don't know when I'll fly back there again as I don't like to put my dog in the kennel.

Congratulations on your new trailer and some great camping trips!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby b.bodemer » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:42 pm

Can't say enough nice things about our trailer. Got a chance for one more trip before storing for the winter.

Our last trip allowed for a new set up: bikes up front and a cargo tray with waterproof bag behind the camper. Towed smoothly. Waterproof bag passed the soak test when we had 18 hours of rain. All the chairs and dog bed were bone dry!

Confident that we will have years of fun and safety in our Taylor Coach.............really a dream retirement trailer!

Next adventures continues in April 2016 with almost a whole month of camping. Biggest decision will be to where?

You can check in on us from time to time at http://ourttnews.blogspot.com/.

Paying it forward and delivery my Simple Rimple to one of my favorite kayak friends. She'll be enjoying her adventures too!

Take care,
Barb
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:01 pm

Barb, your new trailer's a beauty and I'm really glad you're happy with it.
It looks like it has all the bells and whistles, too. :thumbsup:

For my needs, abilities, storage, and price, it would be way, way too big. :lol:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby b.bodemer » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:09 pm

Sharon,
You mentioned storage. Check out where I'm storing my coach:

http://ourttnews.blogspot.com/2015/11/t ... in-pa.html

http://ourttnews.blogspot.com/2015/12/b ... -mine.html

Pretty cool following the valets into the mine. It's costing me $18 more a month than sitting outside in the Cleveland Oh winter weather. I think it's worth it.

Barb
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Next

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers