Yoter Toter? Anyone have one?

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Yoter Toter? Anyone have one?

Postby novaanne » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:03 pm

They are selling them through Little Guy and say they are Amish made. Anyone know anything about them? ;) [/quote]
novaanne
Donating Member

Postby Mainstreat » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:21 pm

Actually its Yoder. A common Amish last name. My grand parents last name was Yoder and I had a few Amish friends with that name when I lived in West Vurginia. Yoder toter then was a reference to a van that would carry about 15 people. Since Amish dont drive when they want to go somewhere far they hire someone with such a van. I knew a couple of guys that made pretty good money doing this but it takes a long time to gain the Amish people's trust.
Anyway as to your question. I have seen the teardrop on Ebay and it looks pretty nice. If it is truley made by amish its worth every penny. They never do anything H.A.
I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here.
Mainstreat
Teardrop Builder

Postby madjack » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:09 am

...hey guys, how about some links, so that the rest of us will have an idea of what y'all are talking about........................ 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Gage » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:39 am

madjack wrote:...hey guys, how about some links, so that the rest of us will have an idea of what y'all are talking about........................ 8)
That would be good. I just did a search for about 20 minutes and couldn't find a thing. I did find one referance, but that was a dead end. Maybe I'm missing something. :thinking:

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby madjack » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:55 am

Gage I did the same thing and couldn't find anything...it was time to ask for a link............................................ 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby dhazard » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:17 am

I found two listings on Ebay
ebay

ebay
ImageImageImage
Many miles and many tears. Times were hard but now they're changing.
You should know that I'm not afraid.
dhazard
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:00 am

D'OH...searched around on Google/yahoo...didn't even think about Ebay and I knew Pleasant Valley sold thru them...one o' them brain farts I keep hearing about...I reckon :D ;)
madjack 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Postby bledsoe3 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:36 am

madjack wrote:D'OH...searched around on Google/yahoo...didn't even think about Ebay and I knew Pleasant Valley sold thru them...one o' them brain farts I keep hearing about...I reckon :D ;)
madjack 8)

Jack, watch those fart references. You'll get Ma3tt all stirred up. :lol:
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby madjack » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:41 am

you're right, I wouldn't want to get Ma3tt all inna twitter about gaseous expulsions :D ...I don't know what I was thinking...I must've had another brain far....er senior moment :lol: ;)
madjack 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Maunfacturers

Postby Big guy Tiny Tear » Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:43 pm

Just picked up a 5x8 silver shadow on 12-24-05 I like it a lot so far it is just sitting in the garage for now. Went today to buy some things I'm going to add on. Like I don't have any thing to do! But you have to make time to camp. I will post some pic of my add on's as I go. Went to a boat supply store and p/u lot of elect parts. I just can't wait to go camping. :thumbsup:
Time to go camping!!!!!!
Big guy Tiny Tear
Teardrop Builder

Postby Ma3tt » Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:17 pm

So close!
Be Good
1967 Siesta del Sobrino "Standy"
If you lived here... you would be home by now.
http://www.Camp-Cook.com
Ma3tt
Dutch Oven GURU

Postby madjack » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:11 am

BGTT...welcome to our cozy little group...if ya like to camp, this is the place to find other TD's...we are awaitin' pics...we luv de pics, so when ya get some post some....
madjack 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Thank,s

Postby Big guy Tiny Tear » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:45 pm

Thanks for the welcome Madjack. I should have some pic. up soon. 8)
Time to go camping!!!!!!
Big guy Tiny Tear
Teardrop Builder

yoder toter

Postby campman » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:49 pm

Hi everyone I have some info on Silver Shadows on my website www.missouriteardrops.com Thanks. Dana
campman
Teardrop Inspector

ORDERED MY YODER TOTER!!!

Postby Ben W » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:17 pm

Ordered it today, picking it up in March. After a long debate over building vs. buying that's been going on since i joined the board last year, I decided to go for the "buy, then customize" route. :twisted:

For those speculating on the Hunter vs. Yoder issue, this is what my understanding is. Family Express, in Canton, Ohio, used to be a Little Guy and Hunter Dealer. (I beleive this is where Dave & Kathy - Camp ADK bought there Hunter) Family Express bought out, and now owns Little Guy Trailers (or vise versa). When this happened, Hunter pulled their dealership and is no longer selling teardrops through them. Little Guy/Family Express is working with an Amish factory to build what they claim to be an improved design over Hunter. The sales on Ebay were to get product out and test market. It worked. My trailer will not be ready until the end of March. The factory where they are being built is deep in Amish country and doesn't even have phone service. I'm pretty excited to see the workmanship, my family had a kitchen done by Amish when I was a kid and the woodwork was second to none. It's a ways off, but I'll put up pics as soon as I have 'em.

Now I just get to comb the board and dream about mods...Flametta/Cabella oven is coming to mind. :thinking:
Ben W
Donating Member

Next

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers