So Cal teardrops

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

So Cal teardrops

Postby Dave D. » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:51 pm

Hi all-

I have some questions about So-Cal Teardrops.

Has anyone seen these trailers in person? What is your impression of the overall fit and finish? From what I can tell, it looks like these trailers do not have a roof vent? Am I correct?

I am considering purchasing a 5x9 kit - any thoughts?

Thank you - Dave
Dave D.
Teardrop Inspector

Postby kartvines » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:26 pm

I have been by their shop once, and thought overall that they make a very good trailer. and I did not see roof vents, I think they make a great study frame and overall a good trailer. if you are willing to pay the price. Gabe seems to be a good guy who take's pride in what he makes.
Image..Image..Image..
Image.
kartvines
500 Club

Postby Gage » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:46 pm

For a mfg'd teardrop, it's not to bad. I don't know anyone who has one so I can't really give you any pro's or con's on it. The only one I've seen is one of the prototypes (so to speak) so a course it was looking it's best but like that, I also didn't see a roof vent, not to say you couldn't order one.

Have a good day.
8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:32 pm

Dave,
Gabe is signed up for the IRG, I'm sure he will have one there... :thumbsup:

Postby Archer_1 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:17 am

My wife and I checked out Gabe's shop when we were in the market (we live close by). He makes a very nice trailer with a well thought out galley. I particularly liked the 'pass-thru' tunnel and the stereo set-up which has speakers available both inside and outside.

We were looking at the 5x10 at the time, and it does have a roof fan available as an option; as a matter of fact, Gabe was very open to working with the customer on almost any custom design modifications.
Everybody enjoys a good pun; its just that nobody has ever heard one!

2003 Camp-Inn 550 Ultra
Archer_1
Teardrop Advisor

So-Cal Teardrops

Postby So-Cal Teardrops » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:55 pm

I appreciate all the comments.

Yes, we have a few different styles of roof vents that we have installed. A standard 14"x14" camper vent (with an aluminum cover, nicer than the average vent), and a 6" diameter round pop-up with a 12 volt powered fan are the most popular choices.

Concerning the fit and finish, typically the demo model that we are dragging around to shows is about 6-9 months old, and lags a bit on the upgrades and features compared to the current production trailers. We try to keep it in "presentable" condition.

Also, Gage, the trailer you saw was the very first one we built. Built in a single car garage with all off the shelf parts. We have since developed several custom extrusions and many other proprietary parts. Also, everything is now cut out on a CNC router.

If you'd like to see one in person, call Mike at (909) 590-2700, we'll see if we can hook you up with someone near you that owns one of our trailers.

See you guys at Pamplin Grove!
So-Cal Teardrops
Teardrop Master

Postby Gage » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:16 pm

Say Gabe, are you going to be down at Sweetwater come April?

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby billnut » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:28 pm

Gage wrote:Say Gabe, are you going to be down at Sweetwater come April?

Have a good day.

8)

Gage till me about Sweetwater
:D Bill
Grandpa's are just Antique little Boys !
billnut
Silver Donating Member

Postby emiller » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:41 pm

:thumbsup: Can't wait till sweetwater. And just saw Brad at Quartzsite, came buy to tell us he's coming to our Feb show www.azroundup.net buy the way we had 7 teardrops and 2 walk in trailers at Quartzsite.
emiller
Donating Member

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers