Small vehicle hitch resources

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Small vehicle hitch resources

Postby Teconic » Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:58 pm

I have seen several postings from folks getting the runaround from their vehicle dealers regarding hitches and trailer-pulling with small (VW, etc) cars. I wanted a hitch for my Audi A4 and the dealer said no. There are several issues (like modifying the rear bumper incorrectly) that makes it easier to just say no.

I found an excellent Class 1 receiver hitch from these guys. I think they have hitches for ANY vehicle.

http://www.hitch-web.com/dalan.asp

I installed it myself in an afternoon. The wiring was another story - but the Audi has a computer watching the lights. I recommend purchasing a light kit that takes power from the battery and only senses the turn signal activity if you have a newer car.

I did throw a couple extra coats of paint on the hitch before I installed it, but otherwise it went by the numbers.

Good luck,

Carl
Teconic
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:07 pm

My local truck place put my hitch on. No problem at all. In fact, the hitch for the 2004 Jetta was in the catalog, even though the dealer doesn't support towing in the U.S.A.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers