Check out his portable hammock

Teardrop shaped bicycle travel trailers & related information

Check out his portable hammock

Postby Big Dave » Fri May 05, 2006 1:30 pm

I found this on the discovery channel website. This might be easier than trying to build a web floor and it would always be level.
Big Dave
Teardrop Advisor

Postby madjack » Fri May 05, 2006 2:44 pm that looks really neat...thanks Dave, one more bookmark for the file............................................ 8)
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
most all personal problems can be solved with the proper application of high explosives
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Fri May 05, 2006 2:52 pm

Perfect if you want to put a 3rd person in your teardrop... remove the hammock from the portable frame and string up the hammock inside. :roll:

The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
Site Admin

Postby kurtibm » Fri May 05, 2006 6:42 pm

$59.99 @ REI...

Note: watch the shipping if you're not getting this @ the REI store.....
REI ships free to their stores (if it happens to be out-of-stock)
It is not the years in your life that matter, it's the life in your years.
Donating Member

Postby Tim Greiner » Tue May 16, 2006 12:38 am

This is the most popular on the lightweight hiking forums.

Tim Greiner
Building the classics of tomorrow, today!
Tim Greiner
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Jason and Amanda » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:56 pm

I have the generic army navy surplus version of the hennessy hammock and I really like it. It folds up tiny, about 6" around and 18" long, folds up and unrolls as one complete assembly, you just tie one end to a tree, then tie the other end to a tree really tight and presto, instant bug free hammock tent thingy
Jason and Amanda
Teardrop Master

Postby Eddielbs » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:53 pm

We have been useing one from Eagles Nest Outfitters for a few years now. Its really nice and packs down very small.. kinda pricey but its well worth what we payed I think..
"Some Minds are like cement, A grey matter that is thoroughly mixed up and permanently set."
Donating Member

Postby asianflava » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:23 pm

The one posted by the OP is the same as the REI one. I got the same exact one as the REI one. I saw it on clearance at Bed Bath and Beyond for $29.

I used it inside the house after the movers packed up all the furniture. At night I slept in the teardrop which was inside the garage. The neighbors thought I was nuts and invited me to stay at their place. I stayed in the tear cause I was still on a night schedule.
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby ai4kk » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:59 pm

The kids and I used Hennessey hammocks on our cross-country ride (Tom partially sponsored us) and we love them. We even made frames to hang them from when we are car-camping and have no place to sling FL state parks, which do not allow anything to be tied to trees.
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Bicycle Travel Trailers