constanly having to re sign in

Threads about the forum, forum software, forum features, etc

constanly having to re sign in

Postby willfish4fud » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:41 pm

Every time I click on anything I am directed to the sign in page and have to re sign in to complete the task. I have been on here 15 minutes and have logged in probably 15 times no kidding. If I click on Post or try to upload a pic....anything...I get kicked off and have to re sign in. What gives???
willfish4fud
Teardrop Advisor

Re: constanly having to re sign in

Postby TeriL » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:41 pm

willfish4fud wrote:Every time I click on anything I am directed to the sign in page and have to re sign in to complete the task. I have been on here 15 minutes and have logged in probably 15 times no kidding. If I click on Post or try to upload a pic....anything...I get kicked off and have to re sign in. What gives???

You're not the only one. I just built a new computer and things a bit better than laptop but I can't find the cause. I think there's some setting that Mike is unaware of in the forum software.

I use Firefox on my 64 bit Win 8.1 computer. I used Firefox on my 32 bit Win Vista laptop. I do use various security add-ons but even launching Firefox with every add-on disabled (so called "Safe Mode") still has the problem. I use AVG free for my anti-virus and scan the entire computer(s) every Sunday morning overnight. I scan routinely for malware with both MalwareBytes and Spybot S&D

What browser are you using? Add-ons?

Fortunately for me, Firefox remembers my user name and password so the login problem is mostly a great annoyance. I just login in and backup 2 steps to where I was before. It would be even better if the login problem was not there.

-- Teri
Our reach should exceed our grasp or what is a heaven for? -- Marshall McLuhan
TeriL
Teardrop Advisor

Postby PKCSPT » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:25 am

I had that problem when I logged in at work even though I use my personal laptop the same I do at home. At home I have no problems same laptop.
Now all of a sudden I have no problem at work either. Never figured it out,,, I think it is Gremlins lol
121172 116946 159644
PKCSPT
Silver Donating Member

Postby willfish4fud » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:01 am

thanks for the replies. glad to know its not something im doing wrong. got an email from Mike saying to try diff browser or computer. hope that works.
willfish4fud
Teardrop Advisor

Postby BamaJNJ » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:27 pm

i Am having this almost same problem...if i try to read someones build journal it logs me out after what seems like 2-3 min..and puts the watermarks "log in to see pictures without watermars" thing on then when i do i lose my spot and have to try and find who and where i was....is there anyway to stop this? :?
BamaJNJ
Donating Member

Postby Al Swope » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:01 pm

Same thing on my iPad using safari
Al Swope
Teardrop Builder

Postby Ned B » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:04 pm

Having to log back in via tapatalk for IOS lately. Twice within a week.
Ned B
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby CanuckShooter » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:22 pm

BamaJNJ wrote:i Am having this almost same problem...if i try to read someones build journal it logs me out after what seems like 2-3 min..and puts the watermarks "log in to see pictures without watermars" thing on then when i do i lose my spot and have to try and find who and where i was....is there anyway to stop this? :?

I have the same thing happening, it's noticeable when the watermarks show up again in the pics. Funny thing is I can have some pics with no watermarks...and then a little further down the same page the watermarks show up. It's annoying.
CanuckShooter
Teardrop Master

Postby RAYVILLIAN » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:46 am

I've had that problem for a while when I first started using Hughesnet and foxfire. Chromium never seemed to have the problem. Now it seems to be better but I still have to login twice with foxfire to get it to hold. Try Chromium or Chrome and see if that helps.

Gary
Where ever we raise the hatch is home.
Darn blank states keep getting further away and we keep traveling slower ain't never gona get this map full.
111961Image
RAYVILLIAN
Lifetime member

Postby CanuckShooter » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:20 pm

RAYVILLIAN wrote:I've had that problem for a while when I first started using Hughesnet and foxfire. Chromium never seemed to have the problem. Now it seems to be better but I still have to login twice with foxfire to get it to hold. Try Chromium or Chrome and see if that helps.

Gary

I am using Chrome...sure would be nice to find a fix for this.
CanuckShooter
Teardrop Master

Postby TeriL » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:23 pm

I've given up! :thumbdown:

I just keep a tab with the login and open another tab to browse. If there is something I need to do while logged in (like this reply), I right click to open another tab and note if it says I need to login. If so, I go back to the 1st tab and refresh it which brings up the prompt to "Resend ...". After that I refresh the tab that says I need to login.

The minor fly in the ointment is when I'm previewing my reply and it says I need to login. I then use the "go back one page" and go to the login tab and do a refresh tab. DO NOT CLICK ON THE LOGIN LINK OR YOU WILL LOSE YOUR EDITS! Then I can go back to the review tab.

I know this is a lot of needless monkey motion but until I somehow find the cause, I'm FORCED to do this.

BTW, I use Firefox in Private mode for most of my browsing.

-- Teri
Our reach should exceed our grasp or what is a heaven for? -- Marshall McLuhan
TeriL
Teardrop Advisor

Postby MtnDon » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:42 pm

TeriL wrote:
BTW, I use Firefox in Private mode for most of my browsing.

-- Teri

Have you tried a session in "normal user" mode? No idea if that matters, but I'd check
Our 6x12 deep vee nose cargo trailer camper conversion... viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58336

We have a small off grid cabin we built ourselves in the NM mountains; small PV solar system; 624 watts PV, Outback CC & inverter/charger ... http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=2335.0
MtnDon
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby stephent » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:24 pm

More then likely it's the forum software pinging your modem/router/computer and your router/etc not ponging back. So the forum thinks you ain't there so it logs ya out. Just a hunch...I get logged out a lot too.
stephent
Teardrop Builder

Postby CanuckShooter » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:01 pm

no change, still getting the boot all the time....getting miffed .
CanuckShooter
Teardrop Master

Return to Threads about the forum!