I just typed a ton and TnTTT just erased it

Threads about the forum, forum software, forum features, etc

I just typed a ton and TnTTT just erased it

Postby Dutchoven61 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:58 pm

Thanks. I was trying to upload a JPG and it said it was invalid type and i couldnt get back to my text. Thanks a lot.
Dutchoven61
Teardrop Inspector

Re: I just typed a ton and TnTTT just erased it

Postby featherliteCT1 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:04 pm

Dutchoven61 wrote:Thanks. I was trying to upload a JPG and it said it was invalid type and i couldnt get back to my text. Thanks a lot.

sorry to hear about y :x our misfortune
featherliteCT1
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Johnm » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:32 pm

I have not been able to post an introduction yet because of technical difficulties. I tried several times already. The first time it went away and the site made me log in again. :thumbdown: This last time it let me save what I started last night but when I went on today, it let me type everything in and then when I hit save it made me log in again. when I checked everything I typed in today was gone. :x The thing that makes this extra frustrating is that I am a little slow at typing so it took me a while to type it. Is there a time limit while you are typing? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
John
Johnm
Teardrop Inspector

Postby tony.latham » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:35 pm

Johnm wrote:I have not been able to post an introduction yet because of technical difficulties. I tried several times already. The first time it went away and the site made me log in again. :thumbdown: This last time it let me save what I started last night but when I went on today, it let me type everything in and then when I hit save it made me log in again. when I checked everything I typed in today was gone. :x The thing that makes this extra frustrating is that I am a little slow at typing so it took me a while to type it. Is there a time limit while you are typing? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
John

What browser are you using? You might check your browser's security settings (such as cookies) too since it's a login issue.

I have no idea how many posts I've made here, but it's been a bunch. No issues.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Johnm » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:11 pm

I may have figured out what happened. I think it has something to do with the way I tried to save it. I still don't know why it made me log in again. I tried my introduction again with a shorter post and it let me post it. If I find out for sure I will share it so that it might help anyone else who is having trouble. I'm sure it is probably something that I did. Thanks.... :thumbsup:

John
Johnm
Teardrop Inspector

Postby John61CT » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:32 am

With long posts I copy and paste between my trusted text editor and the forum software, been burned too many times.

Not TNTTT's fault, nature of the beast with web-based software I'm afraid.

An OS+keyboard with multi-level "undo" can sometimes help, a little.
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby 2bits » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:02 am

Check that the current time is correct in the upper left corner of this page (I think). If your time zone and daylight savings selection in the Global settings of the user control panel are not set correctly it will time you out as soon as the next minute arrives. I've had the same problem since moving to the country and sattelite internet and there is no solution for me but hopefully that will help you, I type all replies in note pad and if I also need to attach an image the race is ON!! LOL Very frustrating to lose your post...
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby 2bits » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:07 am

Using my phone works because it uses my cell signal and not my sattelite connection, no way to resize photos for uploading tho
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby Socal Tom » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:30 am

John61CT wrote:With long posts I copy and paste between my trusted text editor and the forum software, been burned too many times.

Not TNTTT's fault, nature of the beast with web-based software I'm afraid.

An OS+keyboard with multi-level "undo" can sometimes help, a little.

x2 :thumbsup:
Socal Tom
Donating Member

Postby John61CT » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:32 am

SimpleNote is most excellent, transparent unlimited undo archive, syncs with all your devices.
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby working on it » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:46 am

2bits wrote:Using my phone works because it uses my cell signal and not my sattelite connection, no way to resize photos for uploading tho
I use a memo pad to compose my long posts, then copy/paste them onto the forum. Then, I add photos as either attachments or directly from my gallery. The erasure problem exists on all the forums I have used, so I just learned to live with it.
I had a lot of trouble a few months back with posting on the Expedition Portal forum, with their server rejecting my ISP, for months, despite an administrator's help. Lots of other people were having the same problem. I resorted to posting thru a different browser (using Firefox, not my usual Google, and a VPN via Hoxx). I even convinced AT&T to upgrade my router, though the problem wasn't theirs.
Since I demolished my house recently, and have no room inside our temporary home, a 20 ft TT, I now have to post via my cellphone only (can't locate my tablet). Tapatalk is a lot more difficult for me to use than my laptop/Windows usual setup, and I am still learning the usage of my new phone, a Samsung Galaxy S7, so my usual three attachments (normally edited with captions and size modifications thru Microsoft MS Paint) will not be forthcoming anytime soon, until I have the new house to set my laptop, router, et al, inside.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
2013 HHRv "squareback/squaredrop", rugged, 4x8 TTT, 2225 lbs
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby 2bits » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:41 am

I don't care for tapatalk, tried it once and it was a pain. I only use this forum so I don't have a need to sign into one site just to get to this site. I just go directly here. You might see if going directly to the site on your phone is easier for you.
Thomas

2bits
2bit Member

Postby working on it » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:28 pm

Though I said that I've learned to live with forums losing my posts, I still get ticked off after composing a long, well written composition, illustrated and thoughty, that took me an hour to do...then I had to take the small dogs out (temporarily living in the driveway, barely fenced area, dark, no lighting...), for ten minutes, and the forum logged me out. 10 minutes! all my work gone, though I did a partial backup, 30 minutes prior....not fair!
  • *3500 lb Dexter EZ-Lube braked axle, 3000 lb.springs, active-progressive bumpstop suspension
  • *27 x 8.5-14LT AT tires (x 3) *Weight Distribution system for single-beam tongue
  • *100% LED's & GFCI outlets, 3x fans, AM/FM/CD/Aux. *A/C & heat, Optima AGM, inverter & charger(s)
  • *extended-run, on-board, 2500w generator *Coleman dual-fuel stove & lantern, Ikea grill, vintage skillet
  • *zinc/stainless front & side racks *98"L x 6" diameter rod & reel carrier tube on roof
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby John61CT » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:58 pm

The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.
— John Powell
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby working on it » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:37 am

John61CT wrote:The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.
— John Powell
  • Through many years of bad experiences, I have learned the following, as stated by others before me:
  • Finagle's Law (of Dynamic Negatives)-Anything that can go wrong, will—at the worst possible moment.--- John W. Campbell, Jr
  • Murphy's Law (generally stated as)-If anything can go wrong -- it will.--- originally stated, in a different form, by Edward A. Murphy, Jr
  • Sturgeon's Law (or, revelation)-Ninety percent of everything is crud.---originally stated, in a different form, by Theodore Sturgeon
  • and my favorite..."if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all"---lyrics to "Born Under a Bad Sign", written by Stax Records rhythm and blues singer William Bell
  • Since early August, when my wife and I decided that the house we were living in (and constantly rebuilding, over and over) had to be replaced, it's been one setback after another. Even doing everything asked of us, even me laboring beside the contractors and lending them tools and supplying electric power to them, nobody has done anything like promised, and one failure, to do as promised, led to another, and so on. So, through no fault of ours, our promised move-in date (utilities ready, occupancy ready) of November first (as listed on a schedule drawn up by wife and the contractors, with a little leeway allowed) looks to be a month too optimistic. Everything that could go wrong, has. So, pardon me, if the little frustration I experienced trying to post yesterday, just seemed a bit too much to silently handle...I just had to vent.
  • By the way, did I mention that the house's model name is "Murphy" (as named by the manufacturer). I'm not making this up; I noticed the unfortunate name instantly, and feared that bad karma/fate was associated with it ...it's been an experience befitting the name.
working on it
2000 Club
2000 Club

Next

Return to Threads about the forum!