Win 50$ gift certificate

Threads about the forum, forum software, forum features, etc

Win 50$ gift certificate

Postby doug hodder » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:35 pm

I got some good response on my previous question asking for cluttered or out of control shops. Here's the opportunity to win 50$ towards your shop vac. or whatever else you might want from Home Depot or Lowes. Anybody who wants to post, take 1 (one only) good photo of your out of control shop. Either post it in your album or in the general discussion forum, on this thread. Since it's my dough, I'm going to judge it, winner will be notified via private e-mail and posted on the forum. You will receive a gift card for either Lowes, or Home Depot, your choice, in the amount of 50$. Hey, be honest, don't fake something, it's just for fun, I just thought everyone might like to see other peoples shops and to quit beating themselves up over a rats nest. Contest is open to tear builders that are actively building a tear. Post now, contest ends 3/23/05 10PM PST. 0 hours to post photos. If you post in your forum album, let me know they are there. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:[b0 hours and counting. [/b]
Last edited by doug hodder on Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:42 am, edited 10 times in total.
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Boodro » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:09 pm

OK Doug , here we go! :? Image

BTW Doug thanks for the oppurtunity to share ! :thumbsup: Good Idea!
We are all travelers in this world , from the sweet grass to the packin house , birth till death , we travel between the eternities . ( Robert Duvall as Prentiss Ritter)
Boodro
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby steve wolverton » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:45 pm

Wow, you guys have shops!? I can't tell you how many goatheads I dug out of my jeans. *grumble*

Steve
�veni, vidi, vici.�
steve wolverton
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby doug hodder » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:53 pm

Steve, a shop is whatever you decide it is. Some of us can use a broom or a blower to clean our shop, others may use a weedwacker or a lawnmower, it all depends on what you decide to call a shop. Post your photos anyway, it's just for fun afterall. PS I don't care what your relationship is with your goats either!!!! kidding... Doug Hodder
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby steve wolverton » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:03 am

doug hodder wrote:Post your photos anyway, it's just for fun afterall.

Alright. Hold on to sumthin'.

PS I don't care what your relationship is with your goats either!!!!

Cues Ed McMahon Voice: Hi Oh!

Hehe.

Steve
�veni, vidi, vici.�
steve wolverton
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby doug hodder » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:14 am

I love it.......great green grass and someone with a good sense of humor!
Doug Hodder 8)
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby purplepickup » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:27 am

Shoot...I cleaned it up just before my surgery 3 weeks ago. Here's a picture I took then.

I was debating whether to post this on your other thread or the one about "Why'd I ever start this thing??" to make Geron feel better. It seems like everything I've got needs work. There's a motorcycle under the sheet that needs a bunch of attention. The car projects that really need major work are in another building but both of these need a lot too. But I'm not complaining because I like working on things and the trailer is on top of the list as soon as I can get back out there.
George
:)
purplepickup
Silver Donating Member

Postby James (tinbender) » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:06 am

Ok check this one out.I had surgary 6 weeks ago so it's real hard to clean but i just keep working on the tear and making messes.why lie it always looks like this most of the time ;) [/img]http://users.cwnet.com/beacon/HPIM1805.JPG
James (tinbender)
Teardrop Builder

Postby Gage » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:14 am

Thought I would put these up just for kicks & giggles. They don't count because
the Scotsman Tear HB is finished. :cry:

Had to move the truck out of the garage every time I wanted to work on the tear.
Image :laughter:
And sometimes I worked on both of them at the same time.

Have a good day,
8) Gage
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Gage » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:23 am

James (tinbender) wrote:Ok check this one out.I had surgary 6 weeks ago so it's real hard to clean but i just keep working on the tear and making messes.why lie it always looks like this most of the time ;) [/img]http://users.cwnet.com/beacon/HPIM1805.JPG

Here you go James.

Image[/img]

Have a good day,
Gage
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby James (tinbender) » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:57 am

Thank You Gage!
James :)
James (tinbender)
Teardrop Builder

Postby doug hodder » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:24 pm

Hey, thanks for the replies guys. It's great to see just how everyone else works and how they can fit all the projects into the space they have. Doug Hodder :thumbsup:
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Big Guy with a Little Guy » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:32 pm

Well, I'm not officially building anything yet, so I don't qualify, but after seeing George's, it's a rather moot point. That one's going to be tough to beat. I tip my cap...
Big Guy with a Little Guy
Not So Tiny Travel Trailer Dude

Postby purplepickup » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:09 am

Karl it's really not as bad as it looks. Most everything in there is on wheels, including the lift, so I can rearrange things quickly to make plenty of room to work on most anything. I can even partition it off to make separate rooms or a paint booth if I need to. That crap in the foreground is just my snow blower and a cabinet that I roll around to have near my work. I had just been using it out in the drive to re-deck my car trailer. Things just kind of got shoved in since I knew I wouldn't be out there for a while. Most of the clutter is up on two rows of shelves I put all the way around up by the ceiling.

I had just gotten the trailer frame and I didn't open up much of a spot to work on it yet. I've been using my recovery time to make up a plan so when I'm back on two feet I'll make enough room to get some serious work done. I live in the country and like to work on stuff outdoors too and listen to the birds sing.

Here's some pics to show the shop's not quite as unorganized as it seems.

George
:)
purplepickup
Silver Donating Member

Postby bdosborn » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:18 am

Gage wrote:Here you go James.

Image[/img]

Have a good day,
Gage

Uh-oh Gage. Your garage is infested with funny yellow bugs. Better get the spray out. :lol:
Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Next

Return to Threads about the forum!