If you guys come across the word "Image" in a post

Threads about the forum, forum software, forum features, etc

If you guys come across the word "Image" in a post

Postby tonyj » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:19 pm

[quote="mckenney56"]I'm very new here, as in only one post so far at viewtopic.php?f=40&t=48671. That was last Thursday. I fixed my avatar and the links to my images where I can see them in the post last night. If I log out and attempt to view the post as a guest you only see the word "Image". Is there something wrong with the way I created the post or my user settings? Or is this a bigger problem that the public can't see any of the images?[/quote]

No expert here, but i think on this new forum you have to be logged in as a user to view images. If you log out and return to forum, you won't see pics, at least that is what i found.

Can't help on the signature issue--i'm having that one as well.
tonyj
Super Lifetime Member

Re: If you guys come across the word "Image" in a post

Postby mikeschn » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:37 pm

mckenney56 wrote:I'm very new here, as in only one post so far at viewtopic.php?f=40&t=48671. That was last Thursday. I fixed my avatar and the links to my images where I can see them in the post last night. If I log out and attempt to view the post as a guest you only see the word "Image". Is there something wrong with the way I created the post or my user settings? Or is this a bigger problem that the public can't see any of the images?

Typically, you should be logged it to see images. That is how we've been getting users to sign up...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby peppernjoey » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:42 pm

I have the same problem too...
peppernjoey
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Corwin C » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:11 pm

Test post for signature and avatar ... Thanks to all for the work that you're doing on the forum. It's a little rough right now, but it will all be really nice once it's done.
Corwin
Image Image Image
If I am unwilling to stand up straight before the world and admit what I have accomplished during the day, without excuses, in complete and honest detail, then I can do better ...
and no one should be expected to accept anything less.
-- myself
Corwin C
500 Club

Postby Corwin C » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:12 pm

The signature showed up the second time I scrolled to it. The first time it was blank.
Last edited by Corwin C on Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corwin C
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:13 pm

Corwin C wrote:No signature ... avatar looks good. Thanks again.

Darn...

I had to go and turn it on...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Corwin C » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:15 pm

Holy "On the ball Batman"... I edited my post and you already quoted it!... Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
Corwin C
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:25 pm

Corwin C wrote:Holy "On the ball Batman"... I edited my post and you already quoted it!... Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

It's been like that all day! :D

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby DMcCam » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:42 pm

Hi Mike, I'm getting the 'image' tag on my build thread, viewtopic.php?f=50&t=35081 Signature's not showing yet too.
Thank you for fixing all these issues, the site looks great!

Dave
DMcCam
Gold Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:04 pm

DMcCam wrote:Hi Mike, I'm getting the 'image' tag on my build thread, viewtopic.php?f=50&t=35081 Signature's not showing yet too.
Thank you for fixing all these issues, the site looks great!

Dave

The image that is not showing has this URL. http://www.davidmccamant.com/TEARDROP/DNLTD_AT.jpg
I can't fix that. Is that forum down?

Mike...

P.S. For your signature, try clearing your cache on your browser, and let me know what happens.
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby WhitneyK » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:09 am

WOOHOO!!!

Mike used little 'ol me as an example!!!

WOOHOO!!!

Uh, .... oh, ... wait a minute, ... uh, ... it was for a bad example, ................ nevermind. oops
WhitneyK
Gold Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:29 am

WhitneyK wrote:WOOHOO!!!

Mike used little 'ol me as an example!!!

WOOHOO!!!

Uh, .... oh, ... wait a minute, ... uh, ... it was for a bad example, ................ nevermind. oops

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby shropshire » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:21 pm

Mike,
I am a brand new member to the forum and to be honest am also quite illiterate when it comes to computer language. This is my very first attempt at actually joining in on a conversation and not just lurking behind the scenes. My wife and I are planning on building a teardrop in the very near future and are still in the design stage. I have been following DMcCam's build of the Atma Travelear very closely (as well as many others, of course) and am interested in using some of David's ideas. I just haven't got to the point of asking any questions. However, because I am so computer illiterate pictures are worth the proverbial "thousand words". But since the forum was changed over I cannot see any pictures on Daves thread - viewtopic.php?t=35081&highlight=atma+travelear. There are many people's threads that do not seem to pose any problems seeing photos.
As I follow this conversation, it seems that most of the replys are coming from those who have trouble seeing photos on their own threads and I am not sure any of the advise is helping me. Am I just slow or is there some setting in my control panel that can help me see photos?
Any help would be very much appreciated
You are doing a fantastic job with the forum and it has been a huge help and inspiration!!!

Allen Shropshire
shropshire
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Corwin C » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:56 pm

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will pop in here and let you know what you can do. I checked the thread and I can't see them either, it's not just you. David chose to use an offsite location to store his pictures and when I try to access them directly I get a "404" error, meaning the internet address isn't valid for some reason. If that is the case, the only way you will be able to get access to them would be to contact David so he can correct the links or send the corrected addresses to you.

Welcome to the forum ...
Corwin
Image Image Image
If I am unwilling to stand up straight before the world and admit what I have accomplished during the day, without excuses, in complete and honest detail, then I can do better ...
and no one should be expected to accept anything less.
-- myself
Corwin C
500 Club

Postby toypusher » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:38 pm

shropshire wrote:Mike,
I am a brand new member to the forum and to be honest am also quite illiterate when it comes to computer language. This is my very first attempt at actually joining in on a conversation and not just lurking behind the scenes. My wife and I are planning on building a teardrop in the very near future and are still in the design stage. I have been following DMcCam's build of the Atma Travelear very closely (as well as many others, of course) and am interested in using some of David's ideas. I just haven't got to the point of asking any questions. However, because I am so computer illiterate pictures are worth the proverbial "thousand words". But since the forum was changed over I cannot see any pictures on Daves thread - viewtopic.php?t=35081&highlight=atma+travelear. There are many people's threads that do not seem to pose any problems seeing photos.
As I follow this conversation, it seems that most of the replys are coming from those who have trouble seeing photos on their own threads and I am not sure any of the advise is helping me. Am I just slow or is there some setting in my control panel that can help me see photos?
Any help would be very much appreciated
You are doing a fantastic job with the forum and it has been a huge help and inspiration!!!

Allen Shropshire

The photos in that thread are not visible because DMcCam has changed his website that they are linked from. You will need to contact him and have him redo all of the links for the photos to show. I followed one of them and it does not match the physical location of the photo.
toypusher
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Threads about the forum!