TapaTalk Friendly website

Threads about the forum, forum software, forum features, etc

Postby mikeschn » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:40 am

Now you can take the forum with you...

It runs on iPhone and Androids. You'll need to grab the tapatalk app and install it on your phone.

Once you are connected to the tapatalk network, search for tnttt.

And there we are! Have fun! :thumbsup:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Re: TapaTalk Friendly website

Postby parnold » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:43 am

Hey Mike. It works just as advertised :mrgreen:
parnold
Donating Member

Postby Verna » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:10 pm

Which tapatalk app for iPhones do you recommend? Yes, there are multiple ones.....

Thanks
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Postby tonyj » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:19 pm

Although the "tapatalk" app isn't free (costs 2.99), i already prefer it to the old "touchbb" app.
Last edited by tonyj on Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tonyj
Super Lifetime Member

Postby parnold » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:19 pm

Verna:

I'm sorry I can't help you there, I have an android phone and tablet. I would look to see if one is actually by the Tapatalk people as opposed to someone else who just figured out how to make it work.
parnold
Donating Member

Postby IndyTom » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:41 pm

For those in the Android Marketplace I can report that I have tried Convo and it seems to work pretty well, although I only have a few minutes experience. I know the Tapatalk app is only $2.99, but I also know that there are those who are just as cheap as I am, and free is always better.

The only negative I have seen so far is that there are ads at the bottom of the screen, so I will just have to see if they become annoying or not.

Tom
IndyTom
500 Club

Postby LarryJ » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:45 pm

It also works with Board Express on the Windows Phone (yes some of us actually use one)
LarryJ
Donating Member

Postby Verna » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:47 pm

[quote="tonyj"]Although the "tapatalk" app isn't free (costs 2.99), i already prefer it to the old "touchbb" app.[/quote]

Thanks, Tonyj!! "tapatalk" is nice, so far worth the money. As soon as I logged on, it gave me all of the latest unread threads. That's especially nice on the iPhone. Now to explore it. It'll be nice to get to the tnttt easily during the day when I'm not at the laptop.

I never could figure out the "touchbb" app...couldn't even get it to work this morning--good thing it was free. I just used Safari to reach tnttt.

Thanks for your help!!

Verna
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Postby tonyj » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:14 pm

For tapatalk, is there a way to save the log-in info related to a forum so you don't have to re-enter the info each time? I haven't found an option for that or any help on the web.
tonyj
Super Lifetime Member

Postby parnold » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:21 pm

Tony:

What version of Tapatalk are you using and on what platform. I use Adroid version 1.13.5 and I only had to log in first time. In my settings I did enable "Auto Favorites Forums" but I don't think that had anything to do with it. Are you using the real Tapatalk? ($2.99 version?)
parnold
Donating Member

Postby tonyj » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:24 pm

I am using the real (paid 2.99) version on both an iphone and ipad. I'll see if i can find "add favorites" and see if that works.
tonyj
Super Lifetime Member

Postby parnold » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:27 pm

under settings I have Enable BBC Codes checked as well as Enable Smileys. I'm not sure what the BBC Codes thing is.
parnold
Donating Member

Postby tonyj » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:38 pm

I think the bbc codes have somehing to do with appearance and fonts.

Now this is a little irritating-- if i select the "favorites", it gives tabs for topics or forum. If i select forum, it says i have to choose "subscribe" while viewing the forum. I don't find that option ANYWHERE! But i do still like the app.

And i do have bbc codes and smileys enabled. Similar to a different post, my signature isn't posting either in tapatalk or the safari version. I'm thinking another minor problem to fix some other day.
tonyj
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Verna » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:45 pm

[quote="tonyj"]For Tapatalk, is there a way to save the log-in info related to a forum so you don't have to re-enter the info each time? I haven't found an option for that or any help on the web.[/quote]

In Main Menu, there are "Accounts" or "History". I am showing up in Accounts with my Avatar picture. If I close the app, when I come back, it either takes me back to where I was, or it gives me two boxes at the bottom of the screen. One to log on as "Verna", the other to log on as "Guest". I don't have to type anything. This is the $2.99 iPhone version of tapatalk.

Enable BBCode is "on", Enable Smilies is "on", I just turned on my signature. If I respond using my iPhone, the signature will be "Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, Verna--Indianapolis, IN".

That's all that I found so far.

EXCEPT...I just saw to the right of this "subject" box, it says BBCode is OFF, Smilies are OFF....and that's on the laptop, not the iPhone. I haven't found that one the iPhone Tapatalk.

Verna
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Postby tonyj » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:37 pm

Verna,

That worked. Start tapatalk, choose the "me" tab at the bottom, the accounts tab lists previously entered log-in id. Choose the tnttt and logged in without having to reenter id and password. Finally, one, short cut taken care of.
tonyj
Super Lifetime Member

Next

Return to Threads about the forum!