We are migrated to the new dedicated server

Threads about the forum, forum software, forum features, etc

We are migrated to the new dedicated server

Postby mikeschn » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:51 am

Wow it took them a long time to migrate the server. But finally, it was done, and we are back. Lets check and make sure everything works.

We shouldn't be getting any resource errors any more.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Re: We are migrated to the new dedicated server

Postby toypusher » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:22 am

The 'Mark topics read' and the 'Mark Forums read' don't seem to be working right. I even went in and looked at the posts and it still says that there are new posts. Cleared board cookies and cleared my browser cookies too.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby toypusher » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:27 am

toypusher wrote:The 'Mark topics read' and the 'Mark Forums read' don't seem to be working right. I even went in and looked at the posts and it still says that there are new posts. Cleared board cookies and cleared my browser cookies too.

OK, seems to be mostly in the Newbie forum, the Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques forum, the Trailer and Chassis Secrets forums, but not sure of others. The Off Topic works fine, and the General Discussion forum seems to work OK too. :thinking:
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby toypusher » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:31 am

OK, I just made a test post in the Newbie section and that seems to have cleared it from that forum. So, I am thinking that after someone posts something this morning that it will be fine again.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Turtle49 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:45 am

toypusher wrote:OK, seems to be mostly in the Newbie forum, the Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques forum, the Trailer and Chassis Secrets forums, but not sure of others.

Along with the three you mentioned, foamies is not marking as read either. Also the newbie forum still won't mark as read for me...

Tim
:)
Turtle49
Site Moderator

Postby toypusher » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:49 am

Turtle49 wrote:
toypusher wrote:OK, seems to be mostly in the Newbie forum, the Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques forum, the Trailer and Chassis Secrets forums, but not sure of others.

Along with the three you mentioned, foamies is not marking as read either. Also the newbie forum still won't mark as read for me...

Tim

I took my post out of the newbie section. If you go in and post something there, then it should come up as "no new posts' again. Seems to have something to do with migration and the time settings. The test post that I made earlier was not put at the end of the thread, but instead it was the next to last post. I believe that it will all straighten itself out when there are some new posts and the sever is reset again.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Turtle49 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:06 am

Ya, the timestamps on those posts are later then the actual time. Your probably right.
Turtle49
Site Moderator

Postby toypusher » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:33 am

I just tried the 'Mark forums read' again and it worked this time. :thumbsup:
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:11 am

All new posts should be fine now, as we were only 2 1/2 hours behind. So we are all caught up now!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Return to Threads about the forum!