If you miss the way the forum used to look...

Threads about the forum, forum software, forum features, etc

If you miss the way the forum used to look...

Postby mikeschn » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:56 am

Okay, for those of you who really miss the way the forum used to look, there's hope. I brought the old look back.

If you would like to change your style go to "User Control Panel" ---> "Board Preferences" ---> subsilver3

:D

and to get back to the new look go to "User Control Panel" ---> "Board Preferences" ---> prosilver

Have fun!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Re: If you miss the way the forum used to look...

Postby Gage » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:11 am

Go to bed Mike. ;) And I'm fine with the new look. :thumbsup:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Kim Armstrong » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:41 am

If you go back to the old look, on someones post, where do you click to see their album? Thanks
Kim Armstrong
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby mikeschn » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:30 am

Kim Armstrong wrote:If you go back to the old look, on someones post, where do you click to see their album? Thanks

Good point. I'll add that this weekend.

Mike...

P.S. You could click on their name, and then "Show personal album of ".
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Corwin C » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:44 am

I continue to marvel at the effort that Mike and his assistants are going through to cater to practically every request that comes from members of this forum. From choice of color to icons to placement of avatars and so on. The individual help, replacing lost avatars, posting lost pictures, and re-training us to use this new and improved forum can also be described as amazing. I can only imagine the wave of suggestions and requests that they are receiving.

Change is both exciting and challenging, and at some point Mike will have to say "That's the way I want it." and we will all applaud and go back to discussing trailers and camping with a more functional forum than ever.

:applause: :thumbsup: :applause: :thumbsup: :applause: :thumbsup: :applause:

@Mike - Our appreciation for this service that you provide is most difficult to measure and express. May you recognize the friends and family that you have created worldwide for your effort, and may you feel the blessings from our prayers. Thank you.
Corwin
Image Image Image
If I am unwilling to stand up straight before the world and admit what I have accomplished during the day, without excuses, in complete and honest detail, then I can do better ...
and no one should be expected to accept anything less.
-- myself
Corwin C
500 Club

Postby IndyTom » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:52 am

Corwin C wrote:I continue to marvel at the effort that Mike and his assistants are going through to cater to practically every request that comes from members of this forum. From choice of color to icons to placement of avatars and so on. The individual help, replacing lost avatars, posting lost pictures, and re-training us to use this new and improved forum can also be described as amazing. I can only imagine the wave of suggestions and requests that they are receiving.

Change is both exciting and challenging, and at some point Mike will have to say "That's the way I want it." and we will all applaud and go back to discussing trailers and camping with a more functional forum than ever.

:applause: :thumbsup: :applause: :thumbsup: :applause: :thumbsup: :applause:

@Mike - Our appreciation for this service that you provide is most difficult to measure and express. May you recognize the friends and family that you have created worldwide for your effort, and may you feel the blessings from our prayers. Thank you.

+1000

What he said

Tom
Never trust a skinny cook

My build thread:http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36226

IndyTom
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:37 am

I'm glad you guys are liking it! :thumbsup: :D

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby canned o minimum » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:05 pm

As probably the MOST computer challenged on these forums....the "change sent me into a tail spin ! But the challenge is good fer me( so my therapist says )

I hafta concur that these forums are a Godsend fer ME and I am SO thankful to have em !

Mike.. yer the best.. Thank you so very much fer all yer work and time spent .... :applause: :thumbsup:
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:43 pm

I've not figured out how to make subsilver3 work completely with the gallery.

If you guys are having gallery issues, you may want to switch back to prosilver temporarily.

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Techguy » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:24 pm

I decided to try the old look to see what it was like. I found I was not able to access my user control panel any more as the link was is part of the page header and that section is "under" the content area. I had to access the page source data and use the link inside the unformatted source code.

Just thought you might want to know if you change formats, it may not be too easy to get back to the current format.
Techguy
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Threads about the forum!