Trouble adding pics to post

Threads about the forum, forum software, forum features, etc

Trouble adding pics to post

Postby les45 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:24 am

Is anyone else having this problem? Before the recent changes, I could go in and write up a post and then go to my pictures to copy and paste back into the text. I did this by using the back button to go from my pics back to the draft. Always in the past, the draft was still there and I could simply paste the URL and add the [img]. Since the change, when I use the back button I find the subject line still complete but no text in the text box. The only ways I can post multiple pics now is to copy and paste everything individually into a separate Word document and then cut and past the whole thing from the Word doc back to the text box when I am finished, or open the Forum in two separate windows and work back and forth between the two windows.

Is this a glitch, something new that we have to live with, or am I missing something?
les45
500 Club

Re: Trouble adding pics to post

Postby toypusher » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:39 pm

les45 wrote:Is anyone else having this problem? Before the recent changes, I could go in and write up a post and then go to my pictures to copy and paste back into the text. I did this by using the back button to go from my pics back to the draft. Always in the past, the draft was still there and I could simply paste the URL and add the [img]. Since the change, when I use the back button I find the subject line still complete but no text in the text box. The only ways I can post multiple pics now is to copy and paste everything individually into a separate Word document and then cut and past the whole thing from the Word doc back to the text box when I am finished, or open the Forum in two separate windows and work back and forth between the two windows.

Is this a glitch, something new that we have to live with, or am I missing something?

You should open your gallery in a new tab or window (depending on the browser that you are using. then you can switch back and forth to add pics as you need.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:07 pm

I use Firefox, and every time I go back, I lose what ever I have been typing.

So as I see it, you either need to have two different browsers open, so you can copy and paste from one to the other...

or

paste all the links to your pictures in a word document like you said.

But of course, I am not that organized.... so what I do, is paste the first picture, then save the post... Go find my next picture, then go back and edit the post... and paste the next picture...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby CliffinGA » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:56 pm

I always do what said and open up amoyher tab and have goto my album here and copy album number in the pics and enter it and switch back and forth between tabs and I never loose anything that way.

Cliff :thumbsup:
In God we trust, shoot the rest and he will sort out!

My Build:

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42628
CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Threads about the forum!