gallery picts to avatar

Threads about the forum, forum software, forum features, etc

gallery picts to avatar

Postby Mary C » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:20 pm

Help ! I need some help. I finally got a picture to my gallery! 9 tries but I did it Yea!!! now how do I get it as an avatar? I am very computer clutzy so go slow and very deliberate with every step, I don't expect a miracle but I can hope if I cant do it, it will have to wait!!!! I have a friend that might be able to help next weekend. but any help will be appreciated.

Mary C. :)
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: gallery picts to avatar

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:47 pm

Mary, you don't have to have your pic in the gallery to upload it for your avatar. However, for your avatar, the picture has to be a bit smaller than it does for your gallery. So, start by re-sizing the picture that you want to use for your avatar.

- The picture for your avatar must be no larger than 151x201 pixels.

- On the left side of the forum screen, under Board Index, click on User Control Panel

- On the screen that appears, click on the tab called Profile

- When the Profile screen appears, click on Edit Avatar

- Next, click on Choose File

- A second screen will appear, showing the files on your personal computer.

-In this second screen, find the picture (previously reduced to 151x201 pixels or smaller) on your computer that you wish to upload to the forum.

- Highlight (select) your picture's name and click on Open.

- Your picture should now be displayed on the forum screen, ready for you to click on Submit.

- You should now see the message: "Your profile has been updated."

Hopefully, these instructions will give you success.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Vedette » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:58 pm

Very clear and concise! :applause:
You make it sound so easy! :thumbsup:
Good Rads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:02 am

Vedette wrote:Very clear and concise! :applause:
You make it sound so easy! :thumbsup:
Good Rads
Brian & Sandi

Thanks, Brian. After I finished all that, I thought to go to her gallery and look at the picture that she wants to use:

MOOOHAHA! I think I may have fallen for a joke? I doubt Mary looks like that, even if it is a pretty baby.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Mary C » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:15 am

Thanks Sharon, Thats my sweet heart Spot. my hope is that I get to up date it with my picture of my finished TD someday. He is a good horse and my buddy pretty healthy and good looking for a 34 year old horse. Thank you for the directions , I will be able to follow it for sure but will try in the morning when I can see and my head is clear. these old eyes get so tired and I can only half see by now.

Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Mary C » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:47 am

Ok I am trying to shrink the picture on my computer the two programs I down loaded have messed up I have the thingie on my desk top but no program. the other one is out there somewhere can't find it. I will try to wait till my friend can get it on then we will do it. I thought the ones on the forum would work but perhaps they need to be updated and tried out and proofed they are older than the forum update. cause I had trouble with them or else it it is my usual problem I clutzed :? :frustrated: the computer again.

Mary C.
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:11 pm

I put something up for you. Is that what you had in mind?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:51 pm

That looks pretty, Mike! :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Mary C » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:49 pm

Thank you Mike it is just what I had in mind. it is wonderful! Thank you so much. I do really appreciate it. You really surprised me!!! Later I hope to update it with a picture of my TD. I still am not sure why the two programs that are on here didn't work and I hope someone will take a new look at them and check them out. of course it could have been me and my computer clustzie striking again. Or maybe my computer doesnot want to download.

Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:03 pm

Mary C wrote:Thank you Mike it is just what I had in mind. it is wonderful! Thank you so much. I do really appreciate it. You really surprised me!!! Later I hope to update it with a picture of my TD. I still am not sure why the two programs that are on here didn't work and I hope someone will take a new look at them and check them out. of course it could have been me and my computer clustzie striking again. Or maybe my computer doesnot want to download.

Mary, Are you running an Apple or Microsoft based PC? If you are running with Windows, which version do you have? It may help people if they know that because then they may know how to relate or if they can.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Return to Threads about the forum!