A couple of questions about my forthcoming build thread.

Threads about the forum, forum software, forum features, etc

A couple of questions about my forthcoming build thread.

Postby eggsalad » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:15 pm

I'm still a newbie here, so I thought I'd better ask a couple questions before I start my build thread... (don't want to get in trouble!)

Well, you see, I've actually already begun a build thread on another forum. Is it acceptable for me to summarize/digest my build in a thread on tnttt, and offer a link to the other forum?

Part II: My images are stored on Flickr. Is it acceptable to hotlink those images, or am I required to host them here?

Thanks in advance...

eggsalad
eggsalad
Teardrop Master

Re: A couple of questions about my forthcoming build thread.

Postby Corwin C » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:17 pm

I don't know if I'm the right person to give an answer, but in my opinion that would be the best way for you to introduce your build to us.

Many people link from other sites, just make sure that they are "viewable" by the public and that they won't disappear at some point in the future. If pictures are stored here, they won't disappear sometime in the future like has happened to some of the older build threads.

Welcome and happy building!
Corwin
Image Image Image
If I am unwilling to stand up straight before the world and admit what I have accomplished during the day, without excuses, in complete and honest detail, then I can do better ...
and no one should be expected to accept anything less.
-- myself
Corwin C
500 Club

Re: A couple of questions about my forthcoming build thread.

Postby Gage » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:26 pm

You can link anywhere you want and any thing. Just be sure you preview your post to make sure everything works. you don't have to store your pictures in your album here although it would be nice. And as far as they will always be in your post if you store them in your album here. That's NOT true. All you have to do is delete the picture in your album and it is also gone from your post. I delete pictures from my album all the time to keep it clean. Can I ask what the other forum is? If it's the Tear Jerker forum, one has to be a member to see anything over there. That's a private forum with lots of secrets. :o
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Return to Threads about the forum!