Destinations

Threads about the forum, forum software, forum features, etc

Destinations

Postby mikeschn » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:58 pm

Grant convinced me to add the destinations link above. It looks like that'll work better than our calendar.

So tell me, should I remove the calendar? Does anyone use it?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:04 pm

Mike,
Grant's link is excellent!!!

Postby BufordT » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:05 pm

yea ain't Grant the man.

Bufordt :twisted:
"RUSH" The Man, The Legend, The Way Of Life.
BufordT
2nd Teardrop Club

Postby Ross Wade » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:17 pm

I never used the calender, Mike. I just used the Gatherings section. I do agree with Grant, the Destination Link is a great source. I get quite a few people coming to the TearJerker gathering through Grants' Destinations link......I always ask where they found out about the gathering, that's a good way to see which site/sites are working for you.

Ross
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Postby Lazybones » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:02 pm

I think it's a great idea! Grants site is the one I've been checking for years.
Is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind? Ask yourself these simple questions every time you are in doubt about any action.
Lazybones
500 Club

Postby cracker39 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:26 am

I hope all events are submitted to Grant. I made a quick comparison, and the calendar has the Edisto Beach, SC gathering in April, but it's not on the Teardrops list of events.

I thought it curious that all of the events listed there are in states that are coastal or US border states. Not one was an "interior" state. The Keys trip in March gives me a schedule goal to complete my TTT. My wife has never been to the keys and I promised her a trip once the TTT is ready. March should give me enough time to have it usable. I do love camping in the keys...or rather, I used to back in the 60s/70s. I haven't been there since and don't know how things have changed. I stayed at the park at Bahia Honda, in one of the few primitive sites they had on the south side of the highway, right on the beach. The main park is on the north side. That was great camping. Just step outside, walk a few yards to the water, and catch fresh Snapper for breakfast.
Dale

Sometimes I pretend to be normal. But, that gets boring...so I go back to being me.

Squidget Pop Top Build Pages http://www.thesquidget.com/ptbuild/ptbuild.html

Squidget and Pop Top Plans Info and Photos: http://www.TheSquidget.com
cracker39
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Mainstreat » Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:11 am

looks good to me. lots more info. :thumbsup:
I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here.
Mainstreat
Teardrop Builder

Postby grant whipp » Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:05 pm

Mike!

Thanks! I hope everyone will find this link beneficial. DESTINATIONS! is a service we've been providing since long before teardrops.net went online ... since the second issue of Tales & Trails in 1994. I'm hoping that everyone who has a Teardrop, Classic Trailer, or TTT event planned will submit their info to us for inclusion on the page (info formatting guides are included on the site)

Dale wrote:
"... I thought it curious that all of the events listed there are in states that are coastal or US border states. Not one was an "interior" state ..."

Well, there is the Tear Jerkers' Rocky Mountain Gathering in Colorado, usually in September, but I sometimes don't get the info from Duane 'til Spring. We've had other "interior states" Gatherings listed before, and the list is far from complete at this point, but the bottom line is that the sooner I get the info, the sooner it gets on DESTINATIONS! It's up there for all of you to use, Guys & Gals ...

Again, Mike, THANKS!

In the meantime, Happy Camper Gatherings! And as always ...

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Rob » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:20 pm

Gotta admit, I had never used the Calendar before. Both have their places, but I don't think we need both formats. I'll put in my vote for Grant's as long as everyone can keep him updated as to their events. Will that give Mike a bit more room for something else?

Rob
Rob
:wine:

:peace:
Rob
500 Club

Postby Guy » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:54 pm

Dear Grant,

I was looking at your Destinations site and saw this language on one of the events.

Come join us in a family-style teardrop-only gathering in a pristine woodland park location.

Grant, who gets to decide on what a"teardrop" is?

We have recently discussed that issue on this board.
Regards,

Guy
Keep on living, laughing, learning and loving.
Guy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Gage » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:47 pm

Guy wrote:Dear Grant,
I was looking at your Destinations site and saw this language on one of the events.
Come join us in a family-style teardrop-only gathering in a pristine woodland park location.

Grant, who gets to decide on what a"teardrop" is?
We have recently discussed that issue on this board.
I know Guy, I'm not Grant but I can answer you. The person who is puting on the gathering decides what is a teardrop. But most everyone knows what a teardrop is or isn't. Example: Sweetwater is for teardrops only (any shape, example being the Roadtoad and the Grasshopper is considered to be in the teardrop family). If you can stand in it (with the exception of a couple) it's not a teardrop. In the past, there have been non teardrops show up at Sweetwater and have been told not to come back the next year because they were a travel trailer of sorts.

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby cracker39 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:00 pm

Gage wrote: If you can stand in it (with the exception of a couple) it's not a teardrop. In the past, there have been non teardrops show up at Sweetwater and have been told not to come back the next year because they were a travel trailer of sorts.
[/color][/i][/b]
8)

Why, that would hurt my feelings.

:cry:

In the short time I've been in this forum, I feel like one of the guys. Now, I'm not sure if I should take my TTT to any of the local TD camping meets. Or, if I do, maybe I should stay on the other side of the camp ground and disguise myself. I could wander by and pretend to be someone who wants to see a tear.

8)
Dale

Sometimes I pretend to be normal. But, that gets boring...so I go back to being me.

cracker39
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby madjack » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:04 pm

...Dale now dont get your drawers inna wad...if you notice the name of the board is T&TTT,s...anybody giveya any trouble just refer 'em to me :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby cracker39 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:12 pm

Sorry, Jack...I was just pullin someone's chain. :D
Dale

cracker39
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Ross Wade » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:16 pm

Cracker39,

On the east coast, at any TearJerkers gathering....for that matter Any of the gatherings in the southeast, ALL IS WELCOME. We don't discriminate anyone due to what kind of trailer you have. Heck, I don't care if all you have is a tent or you sleep in your car. If you want to enjoy the friendship of others who enjoy the great outdoors....Our Campsite Is Always Open.

Some of the west coast gatherings are for teardrops only...4' wide X 4' high X 8' -10' long. They are just like the Tin Can Tourists...vintage only. I have never been to any of these events, just seen pictures of them and this is what I gather from the pictures. There is nothing wrong with this kind of approach for a gathering and like Gage stated, It is up to the host.

So to each their own,
Ross
Ross
Southern Appalachian Tearjerker Chapter Director
Ross Wade
Southern TearJerker

Next

Return to Threads about the forum!