New Your Posts Count

Threads about the forum, forum software, forum features, etc

Re: New Your Posts Count

Postby Gage » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:12 am

KCStudly wrote:What I just learned from Gage is that the red star means that someone has replied to a thread that you have also posted to. Similar, but not the same.

First off the red icon indicates the sections and/or threads that have had someone add to it sense your last visit.
Second, the red star only indicates that you have posted in that thread.
Third, click on the little yellow (or orange) box at the front of the title. 99% of the time you'll go to the first post that you haven't read in that thread.

And just for the hell of it when I leave this forum I always go to the top and click on 'Mark forums read'. That way I always have a clean slate when I come back in.
;)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby rowerwet » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:46 pm

jseyfert3 wrote:So the red icon means there are unread posts. Good to know.

One more related question: Is there a way to jump directly to the first unread post in that thread? Sometimes you post in an active topic, come back sometime later and the last post you've read is buried four pages from the last post and you can't remember what page you were on last time. That's what was great about the "Show new replies to your posts" link the other forum I'm active in has. Clicking a topic on that page takes you directly to the first unread post in that thread.

<EDIT> Oops, just found it. The little arrow on the left side of the title. :oops:

just click "first unread post" it's how I find where I left off on a thread I may not have come back to for so long I forgot I ever read it.
rowerwet
Gold Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:20 am

Gage wrote:I just look for the RED icon. That tells me someone has posted to that thread and I haven't read it as yet. Like that, some post I could care less about and when I finish reading all the post that I'm interested in I pan to the top of the main page and click on ‘Mark forums read’ and wala. The next time I come in I’ll see new post sense the last time I was in here. So simple. :o

Gage is right I went to polls where I ask a lot of questions and went through one and it turned blue.

Ron
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Previous

Return to Threads about the forum!