The Winners

Threads about the forum, forum software, forum features, etc

Postby 48Rob » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:25 pm

Congratulations to the winners, and to all those who entered.

Many of the photos look very much like a pro took them...you folks are really good!

The judges had a tough job on this contest!

What sort of prizes are needed for the next one, maybe I can help...

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby madjack » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:36 pm

Rob..something under 50 bucks that is camping/teardropping/building (or most anything else) related...for example for the "most out of control shop" contest, Doug donated a $50 gift card from HD (or Lowes...I don't remember)...we're not greedy :D
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:06 pm

Anything that works for teardrop camping is considered a good prize.

I like to donate blankets...

but anything would work... stoves, lanterns, do pots, camping chairs, ez ups, pots, pans, coffee cups, coffee pots, porta potty tents, trinkets, framed pictures for hangin in a teardrop ;) , weather radios, DVDs, clock radios, or anything you can find at your local Walmart store in the camping section...

Your prize donations are welcomed!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby 48Rob » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:18 am

Okay,

I'm not wealthy enough to offer three $50.00 prizes, but I do have three items that I will offer up as first, second, and third prize.

I shop for bargains all year to use as gifts...my wife calls me cheap...but unlike some, I always have a little spending money (left) in my pocket... ;)

Anyone have ideas for a contest?

Rob

Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby madjack » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:25 am

Thanks Rob...thassa mighty generous offer...sohow 'bout it gang, anybody gotta good idea for a contest to help Rob's wife empty outta closet :D :lol: ;)
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby asianflava » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:48 pm

Whoo Hoo Tape measures! You can never have enough of those. Mine tend to walk all over the shop.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:35 pm

Allright! Rob is sponsoring a contest...

Many thanks Rob.

I'm thinking we should start your contest in January... everyone is so busy with the holidays right now...

That'll give us a few weeks to come up with ideas for the contest...

I know from experience, a contest that requires cad is not going to get many entrants.

a contest that requires a spreadsheet isn't going to get many either...

But ask for photos... and you'll get lots of entries...

Just priming the pump here!!! :lol:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Chris C » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:04 pm

Hey Mike,

How about photos of the "best neat idea" in building of a teardrop. (i.e. my solution for storage at the front of the trailer, or how I fiberglassed my tail-lights into the fenders, or best way to support a TV monitor, or better yet..................where I found the space in my teardrop for a 52" Plasma Screen TV and a Lazyboy recliner.) :lol:
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby Hardin Valley Magic » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:33 pm

WOW!! Chris that would make pimp my ride just look like kids play... Love the 52" plasma idea :thinking: Gotta finish the first and plan for a WIDESCREEN version for the next.. :twisted: :lol:
aka Steven D.
Hardin Valley Magic
Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:30 pm

Having sponsored a contest...like Madjack and Mike sez....you're best doing something that people can upload photos to....I'm a big fan of photos and I think everyone got a kick out of seeing others shops...whatever you come up with...I think it ought to be pretty generic so that as many people can participate as possible...the more the merrier, judging is tougher... you can ask for help from the admins in determining a winner...but after all it's your dime...you decide!!.... since I'm the Voodoo Transmission Brujo...maybe a photo of the best break down....nawwww....a little too negative...besides....Dean had to get a whole engine rebuild....he'd win!!! oh I almost forgot....he doesn't have a completed tear to pull....sorry Dean...you're inelgible for participation!!!:lol: Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby 48Rob » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:50 am

Mike and all,

I think after the Holidays is good advice.

I'll just sit back and ponder over all the ideas and tips you folks will be posting...right?

I like the simple part, get a lot of folks involved, something everyone is proud of...sort of a way to showcase each participant, with a few lucky ones getting a prize as well as getting recognition for being good/special/talented, whatever.

I'm sure someone will come up with something good...hmmm, maybe a contest to come up with the best future contest...

Rob
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Previous

Return to Threads about the forum!