pop ups of lately

Threads about the forum, forum software, forum features, etc

pop ups of lately

Postby Gage » Sat May 30, 2015 12:18 am

What’s with the advertisements that are popping up? :o
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Re: pop ups of lately

Postby Greg M » Sat May 30, 2015 12:39 am

Are you using the Tapatalk app? If so, that's where they're coming from.
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby Gage » Sat May 30, 2015 2:06 am

Greg M wrote:Are you using the Tapatalk app? If so, that's where they're coming from.

Nope, I don’t have one of those fancy phones that have more goodies than my computer. The bug may have been on my computer. None of my virus programs found the problem so I did a restore/recovery from 2 months ago and so far it looks like that might have fixed the problem. :worship:

Sorry for the false alarm Mike ( if your also reading this)
:oops:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby dales133 » Sat May 30, 2015 4:25 am

Gage wrote:
Greg M wrote:Are you using the Tapatalk app? If so, that's where they're coming from.

Nope, I don’t have one of those fancy phones that have more goodies than my computer. The bug may have been on my computer. None of my virus programs found the problem so I did a restore/recovery from 2 months ago and so far it looks like that might have fixed the problem. :worship:

Sorry for the false alarm Mike ( if your also reading this)
:oops:

You'd be doing yourself a favor taking the leap into smartphone land.
The only time I use my computer anymore is to upload pics to this forum.
All the other forums I belong to, my bill paying, ebay, go ogling, pdf files ect is all done from my phone.
I watch YouTube I've searched on my phone on my tv via a 50 dollar dangle.
My computers obsolete in my mind now and my laptop is hooked up to the kitchen tv to Google recipies and upload pics ocasionaly.
Don't discount how useful it is to own a decent smart phone. If you struggle to make a small screen work go up in size until it suits you.
Highly recommend the Samsung galaxy note 3. It's been super seeded so it's cheap but I love mine. Big screen does everything I need.
dales133
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Shadow Catcher » Sat May 30, 2015 2:04 pm

Guage I used Ad Block Plus and Privacy Badger and that gets rid of most of the nonsense and I have a simple flip phone (beam me up Scotty there is no intelligent life on this planet). Had a smart phone, did not like it or the cost of data...
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Return to Threads about the forum!