"unread posts" never go away after reading?

Threads about the forum, forum software, forum features, etc

"unread posts" never go away after reading?

Postby Bill n Robi » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:11 pm

I try to clear unread posts to keep the things I am interested in current state but there are about 20 posts that always stay "unread" even when I 'read' them. I have tried everything I can think of to clear it. In my days of running a BBS (yes I am that old) it was usually a message database pointer but the crashes I have seen on the forum over the last few months should have recovered those pointers on reload. Some are years old, some are months old. Any way to request a specific message to be tagged?

thanks
2015 T@G Max
2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4 Door Short Bed
Bill n Robi
The 300 Club

Re: "unread posts" never go away after reading?

Postby GuitarPhotog » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:14 pm

I just use the "Mark All as Read" button when I've read all the posts in a forum that I want to see. I've never had old threads reappearing that don't have new posts.

<Chas>
:beer:
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member

Postby MtnDon » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:32 pm

"mark forums read" on the board index page always clears everything for me too. Also when I read or at least open a thread it appears as read when I refresh the "view new posts" page. I think the issue must be with the OP's browser, not the forum.
Our 6x12 deep vee nose cargo trailer camper conversion... viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58336

We have a small off grid cabin we built ourselves in the NM mountains; small PV solar system; 624 watts PV, Outback CC & inverter/charger ... http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=2335.0
MtnDon
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby lrrowe » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:24 am

As a plain old,user with no experince with forum management, I have not experienced this issue.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Postby warnmar10 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:40 pm

Bill n Robi wrote:I try to clear unread posts to keep the things I am interested in current state but there are about 20 posts that always stay "unread" even when I 'read' them. ...
Log off the forum and delete all tnttt cookies. The read/unread flags are in the database and session information in the cookies. Clearing the cookies forces new cookies that should be in sync once you log in again. Checking the remember me box when you log in will minimize cookie crumbles.
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." - Jonathan Swift
warnmar10
Teardrop Master

Postby Bill n Robi » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:09 pm

Thanks, I'll try that next.
2015 T@G Max
2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4 Door Short Bed
Bill n Robi
The 300 Club

Return to Threads about the forum!