New Feature :: Build Log Separation

Threads about the forum, forum software, forum features, etc

New Feature :: Build Log Separation

Postby Ned » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:22 pm

Hi guys,

I have recommended this before in passing, but never started a dedicated thread about it.

I have a suggestion regarding build logs, and that is to have the build log and the discussion separate from each other. I'm part of a car forum where we have been doing this for years, and its fantastic! You can easily follow builds, you can get the information you're looking for by only having to read through the actual build of it all.
It does create a small disconnect between the build and the discussion, i do agree, and thats the only real down side we've found, but the pro's heavily outweigh that little bit. Plus that can be solved by posting links or even quotes in the discussion.

Here is an example of my car's 'build' thread and the discussion.
In the discussion i post links to the build thread so you can read the whole thing with discussions and link to the related build post.
Build Link
Discussion Link

anyway, just a suggestion. It took us some getting used to, but now whenever a new person joins our site, they all comment on how great it is to have discussion and build separate.

Ned
Build Journal :: My Grumman 2 (ish) TD
Ned
Teardrop Advisor

Re: New Feature :: Build Log Separation

Postby lrrowe » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:53 pm

Me, I kind of make my posts both ways. I like to keep most ot the trailer build work together but when I am expecting interesting or spin off dialogue coming up, I will create specific to that topic posts.

IMHO, Ibelieve theie is no cast in concrete, absolute rule or guideline. One should do,what pleases he/she and provides the result the poster is looking for.
Bob

First Post on Purchase of Trailer: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=60722
Hot water infloor and radiator heating project:[url]http://www.tnttt.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=54&t=62327[/

Image Image
lrrowe
Donating Member

Return to Threads about the forum!