PHOTOBUCKET Embedded Images Issue Workaround

Threads about the forum, forum software, forum features, etc

PHOTOBUCKET Embedded Images Issue Workaround

Postby MtnDon » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:17 pm

Photobucket blocking the display of images stored on their servers has made a mess of many forums, blogs, etc. Some folks have gone to the trouble of rehosting and then relinking their images. They are to be lauded. Others, like myself have so many images used in my own build topic as well as scattered everywhere else, I can not see taking the time and effort to rehost and relink them. However, I have found a way to make the images reappear in the topic threads with little effort.

There are three things required.

First and foremost the images must still be located on the Photobucket servers in the same file folder, etc. If the photo owner went and deleted their images from Photobucket for whatever reason, this will not work.

Second, to view the forum pages the viewer must be using the Chrome browser.

Third, that browser must have the Chrome Photobucket Embed Fix extension installed.
Our 6x12 deep vee nose cargo trailer camper conversion... viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58336

We have a small off grid cabin we built ourselves in the NM mountains; small PV solar system; 624 watts PV, Outback CC & inverter/charger ... http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=2335.0
MtnDon
2000 Club
2000 Club

Re: PHOTOBUCKET Embedded Images Issue Workaround

Postby capnTelescope » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:34 am

Thanks, MtnDon! There's a similar fix for FireFox. Go to the Add-ons Manager and search "photobucket".
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Brad
ImageImageImage

Building the Bed & Breakfast
capnTelescope
Lifetime member

Postby dancam » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:32 am

Just installed the chrome one 2 days ago, its so nice! But it probably wont last forever, photobucket is working on making those things not work. Good to know about the firefox one as well!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
dancam
500 Club

Postby MtnDon » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:41 pm

Images hosted on photobucket are now appearing again in topics where they were originally placed. A watermark is superimposed but that is better than a blank filler
Our 6x12 deep vee nose cargo trailer camper conversion... viewtopic.php?f=42&t=58336

We have a small off grid cabin we built ourselves in the NM mountains; small PV solar system; 624 watts PV, Outback CC & inverter/charger ... http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=2335.0
MtnDon
2000 Club
2000 Club

Return to Threads about the forum!