¿ WHERE THE DICKENS ARE YOU ?

Threads about the forum, forum software, forum features, etc

¿ WHERE THE DICKENS ARE YOU ?

Postby swoody126 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:11 am

as i peruse this and other forums i often wish to comment/help out by answering queries surrounding issues but the author hasn't included his/her LOCATION which limits the value of my participation in the thread

knowing/not knowing where the words emanate from can cause a response to be right on point or way off track

weather conditions, resource availabiity and personal assistance ... are just a few of the issues included

an example of the potential help this information could be would be if the poster or responder lives near Corpus Christi knowing where the RV wrecking lots have pop'd up after Harvey to be able to source any number of home builder items that would otherwise end up crushed or shredded

the software used by this forum offers an opportunity for each subscriber to enter his/her LOCATION in their heading

folks this doesn't need to be pin point specific

state, region, town/state, area...

it's OK to be kinda like horse shoes ... you know... CLOSE COUNTS

if your heading doesn't include your LOCATION please go back to your personal profile page and put something appropriate(within your own personal comfort range) in that space

sw
"we are the people our parents warned us about" jb
swoody126
500 Club

Re: ¿ WHERE THE DICKENS ARE YOU ?

Postby tony.latham » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:27 am

if your heading doesn't include your LOCATION please go back to your personal profile...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Aguyfromohio » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:40 am

I suppose I could add a location.
Speaking only for myself, I'm pretty sure "aguyfromohio" has it covered. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Aguyfromohio
Gold Donating Member

Postby GTS225 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:53 pm

But if I give a location, then the black helicopters can find me. :frightened: Either that, or the paparazzi with their drones. :pictures:

Roger
GTS225
Teardrop Master

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:32 pm

GTS225 wrote:But if I give a location, then the black helicopters can find me. :frightened: Either that, or the paparazzi with their drones. :pictures:

Roger

They already know where you are and probably even what underwear you have on. :lol:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby GTS225 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:23 am

S. Heisley wrote:They already know where you are and probably even what underwear you have on. :lol:

************************************************************************************************************

So, those security cameras in Walmart really are tied to "The Machine"? :frightened: (Reference to defunct television show, "Person of Interest.)

Roger
GTS225
Teardrop Master

Postby KTM_Guy » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:55 pm

swoody126 wrote:as i peruse this and other forums i often wish to comment/help out by answering queries surrounding issues but the author hasn't included his/her LOCATION which limits the value of my participation in the thread

knowing/not knowing where the words emanate from can cause a response to be right on point or way off track

weather conditions, resource availabiity and personal assistance ... are just a few of the issues included

an example of the potential help this information could be would be if the poster or responder lives near Corpus Christi knowing where the RV wrecking lots have pop'd up after Harvey to be able to source any number of home builder items that would otherwise end up crushed or shredded

the software used by this forum offers an opportunity for each subscriber to enter his/her LOCATION in their heading

folks this doesn't need to be pin point specific

state, region, town/state, area...

it's OK to be kinda like horse shoes ... you know... CLOSE COUNTS

if your heading doesn't include your LOCATION please go back to your personal profile page and put something appropriate(within your own personal comfort range) in that space

sw

I approve this message. :thumbsup:

I have my location so people know how to avoid me. :lol:

Todd
KTM_Guy
500 Club

Return to Threads about the forum!