Have no fear break the mold!!

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Have no fear break the mold!!

Postby Ron Dickey » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:42 pm

Teardrops are really well designed well thought out travel trailers but do not have fear you can break the mold and in so doing creat new ideas that others can use.
Out side the box they call them Grass hoppers. Look a some of mikes cool designs, and designs others offer too.

But think in miniature.

They have done it in the past and will in the future.

Book to read. Ready to Roll , trailer travel a visual histroy of mobile America. , Free wheeling homes.

books out of publication but my be at the library Rolling homes (home made houses on wheels).

But before you start going out to far make a teardrop or close to understand the basics then sell it an go to the next level.

unusal woods, stained glass antique windows, bright and wild colors, flat screen TV, full seround sound stereo, disco lights, full solar, space shuttle.

when I was growing up custom Vans were in with ideas that were soo cool.

any thoughts??

Ron D.
PS this maybe why mine is taking so long to much influence from all my books.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Joanne » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:53 pm

Hi Ron,

I think it's great that there is a large percentage of our members that are staying true to the classic teardrop profiles. It renews and extends the history created by these little gems.

That said, I think it's great that some of us are taking a different approach to our designs. The creativity and "do-it-your-self" spirit that makes the original tears so neat is also what inspires some of the other trailers that don't fit the mold. Although I'm not building a true tear, my trailer isn't that far from the mold. Others have really explored new designs within the tiny travel trailer concept. (The Winter Warrier is a prime example.)

I think the thing I like best about this forum is the diversity of ideas and designs, and the fact that all of them are welcomed and encouraged.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Joanne
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:27 pm

Ron, I remember custom vans and fixed up waggons of every size and style. We (some 16year olds) even tried to fix up a 3 wheeled ice cream car. The small one. Cramed 4 of us in one time to go to the beach. Also had a BMW auto car. Wish I had a picture of that one.

Just never fit into the box. :?
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Return to Member Designs