Windsong Construction

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Postby WarPony » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:13 pm

Phil, that's pretty close, a little North of my family's ground but I know 'bout where you are. Man, that's some pretty country up there, isn't it?

Well, enough of me hijacking your thread............. great job on the Windsong :applause: :applause: !!! I like the Flycatchers, they really add flare to the project.

Oh, a trick I found to keep the ticks and chiggars off is buy some garlic pills and take them a couple of days before heading out. It's not bulletproof but seems to cut down a bunch. If nothing else, the vampires won't gitcha!!! :lol: :lol:

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby jplock » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:59 pm

I went on an overnighter monday night, Donna will go with me Wednesday for another overnighter. Here are some pictures from the last 24 hours. It's fun to start using the TD a little more besides building it.
http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t27/jplock/?action=view&slideshow=true
jplock
:) :) :)
Keep smiling!
jplock
500 Club

Postby toypusher » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:29 am

Can't beat that first time out feeling! Looks great!
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby jplock » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:16 am

Well Hello All,
As of 03-23-2007 I have returned from 3 day shake down campout for the Windsong .
On The way down I stopped at Reasor’s Grocery Store in Tahlequah, and on the way out a fellow yelled “ Where’d you get the sicissor tails?” So I had to tell him were they were made, and he wanted to see the trailer. That was fun! After arriving at the camp spot at Lock’s Nest in Cherokee County, I spent the better part of a day and a half trimming broken tree limbs, cutting the bigger ones into firewood, and the smaller ones went into three brush piles (this was from the recent ice storm). Time was spent picking up three garbage bags of litter carelessly thrown out by litter pigs driving down the roads that are on that are adjacent to two sides of my property. It’s funny so many people don’t care about keeping the roads in the country nice. They just are not good stewards of what God has given them. So much about being on my soap box about litterbugs on to tear drops. I also updated the log book to show the mileage of driving on this trip. Today the TD was unloaded completely except for the spare tire, after which a trip was made to The Cherokee County Recycle Center to dump the three bags of road litter the fellow who runs the place let me park the TD on his truck scales after the tow vehicle was disconnected and driven off the scale it weighed in at 1000 pounds! I was well pleased hoping it was in the 800 to 1000 pound range empty. All the construction practices of trying to not make it a lead sled paid off! Then on returning to camp 1000 pounds was entered into the log book. Then all the gear was packed into what should become the proper storage spots for the gear under the floor and in the galley. It should be better organized now. The sleeping quarters were comfortable but got a little hot until the windows were opened a little more. It was hotter at night here than it was in Wyoming last summer! Also last night it rained a half inch, guess what no leaks! I did get an idea for the next TD prodject. I am going to make some hangers to go under the rear of the trailer under the galley to store my 2 six gallon water jugs when filled that will take some weight off the tongue right now it weighs 180 pounds, so I don't think it would hurt to lighten it a little, also there is enough room for the space saver spare tire which is in the under floor storage area now. I will post the pictures of this idea on it's completion. This was a good shakedown campout for the wind song. Thanks for your time you are welcome to mine!
jplock

Log book up to date.
Below the floor storage arranged to be useful.
Galley layout is now useable.

Last edited by jplock on Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep smiling!
jplock
500 Club

Postby jplock » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:00 pm

Out of date
Last edited by jplock on Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep smiling!
jplock
500 Club

Postby toypusher » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:42 am

Sure glad to hear you had a good first trip!! I sure know what you mean about the litterbugs.
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby jplock » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:36 pm

Hey Kerry,
I can't wait to get some more camping time on it, and start wearing it out. I am planning on going to a campout at Ceder Hill Lake near Dallas in two weeks. There will be several teardrops there from the South Central Region. I hope you have a good camping season with your rig too!
jplock

On the road and ready for some more camping. it is spring now!
Last edited by jplock on Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep smiling!
jplock
500 Club

Postby jplock » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:24 pm

Well here comes some modifications to the "completed" Tear Drop!
The Winsong has water can holder boxes installed under the floor and below the galley. This way up to 14 gallons of water can be hauled outside the tow vehical and teardrop. If there is a leak there won't be a flood. The boxes can be detached when not in use and be used for other things while in camp, one of which will be a porch under the cabin door so my darling wife won't have to put her stocking feet in the dirt when putting on shoes! This will be handy to fill up as regular water tanks are permenantly attached and needs a hose connection to a faucet to fill up. This will also make the tongue weight lighter. This will be great for dry campsites.

One Jerry can hanger box open the other closed.
Rachet web strap raises box in the raised position.
Backside mountings to trailer frame.

More Pictures

http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/album_personal.php?user_id=2148

Jplock
Last edited by jplock on Sat May 31, 2008 7:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Keep smiling!
jplock
500 Club

Postby WarPony » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:56 pm

Looks like a winner, Phillip!! :applause:

The word "COMPLETED" or "DONE" should always followed by the word "ENOUGH" when it comes to TD/TTT building :lol: :lol: ........ there's always something to improve on or add to make the experience more enjoyable or comfortable.

Jeff
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Member Designs