Boxkite Revisited

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Boxkite Revisited

Postby Ron Dickey » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:48 pm

The Cat will hate this I am back to working on the floor

Now that I have corrected my blunder and litterly cut 1/8 off both sides and one end of my Floor.

I had my wife stand up on it she will have 2 inches clearence.
Inside will be 5' 2" high.

There are so many infuluences on design I will not at this time beable to say what the end result will be.

Just yesterday I looked in a Popular science or somesuch and saw a car with a double hatch door. As long as it an't rainen the more open the more comfort.

The Rear will have a 2x4 arch to support, side doors and hatch.

Ron D.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Glad to see you are back

Postby Guy » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:40 pm

Dear Ron,

Glad to see you are back posting.
Regards,

Guy
Keep on living, laughing, learning and loving.
Guy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Ron Dickey » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:48 am

thanks Guy :D

..............................................to continue

I will notch the 2x4 1/4 " in so to give them added suport. I will lay the cross top pc inter locking with the two up rights.
using kiln dried pine.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:11 pm

I am on Vac. and every project has come along but one but to day it is raining ....

Ron is going to lock himself in the Garage .... I am about to fill the gagage with most of the stuff from the house and then put it back again where it makes sence. What a mess. And I am not moving the trailer body outside with out a roof, or at least something that can support a walk in plastic cover.

Boat Trailer is still where I found it and when I pull it out it will need something to rest on. :oops: I also need a place to store my campen stuff, need more room in the garage. so why not in something I camp in :thinking: hows that for thinkin.

:cry: I had a small sofa in there to I could sit in and relax and study my drawings and supplies needed and it must go to. So I have to take it apart so I have even more room.
So my subconchance is at work It keeps hanting me with that statement Mike made long ago "your not going to get it done!" so I keeep clicking my Brown Hiking boots. In the Wizerd who did ... there is no place like a campin home ..... there is no place like a camin home .... at that point I wake up on my sofa looking at a bare floor .... no toto no campin home ...
and one day it too can be a tin man like all the rest of you have ... They all have a heart .... I am but a lonly scarecrow with no ....

enough it is off to work I go (isn't that from some othere cartoon venture)
I know ... I know!! I ho I ho I ho all right already ........ I'm going I'm going

Ron
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Rob » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:51 pm

Ron--

In the words of the famous philospher Madjack, "We luv dem pics". So, show us what ya got. Who knows, maybe the shop can compete with Lawryn's. :?

Rob
Rob
:wine:

:peace:
Rob
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:29 pm

Sometimes I wish I was closer to CA. I know that I could find a guy or two that would be willing to visit Ron, and in just a couple days, set up a skeleton that Ron could build upon.

So let me throw this question out. Are there two guys that live somewhat close to Ron that could point him in the right direction? Maybe a weekend or two?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Nitetimes » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:55 pm

mikeschn wrote:Sometimes I wish I was closer to CA.
Mike...

But then you wake up and come to your senses huh. :lol: :lol: 8)
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby Ron Dickey » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:48 pm

mikeschn wrote:So let me throw this question out. Are there two guys that live somewhat close to Ron that could point him in the right direction? Maybe a weekend or two?

Mike...

Mike I do not at this time have week ends where I work it is a rearity.
thanks for the throught.
Maybe I should do like score and get a counceler.
Other from Dave and Mac trailers both busy people In Morro Bay. the nearst guy is 300 miles North or South.
Guy's mother and brother live close but I just keep looking to see who is campen at Mantana De Oro or Morro Bay state camp grounds.

I am doing Ok I am only on my 2 nd year on this thing. I am not as far as I thought I would but I realize home much planning a project means.

No Pictures but I have the tools and I know where to come for questions.
my trailer will never look as good as anyone here but even if it looks like a chinese Junk when I am done is all the matters is that I can sleep in it, carry food in it and finally travel to meet people who will ask me now that you know how. ... you can start again. But more likly I will get here is what you did wrong here. Mike will start a section call what not to do.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :) at least I can laugh and learn.
see you in the general section asking simple quetions
the peices are coming into place ... Next week I will have a free WWll air compresser one cylinder but it works.
Come July I know I will see at least one of you as you head up north.
and maybe you can report what you see.
Ron :oops: :lol: :thumbsup: :applause:
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Come on Ron

Postby Guy » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:19 pm

Come on Ron. Join us in the Redwoods.

You can start your build, because if I can you can. And think about Dean, he will really be disappointed if you do not come up and take a poll.
Regards,

Guy
Keep on living, laughing, learning and loving.
Guy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:23 pm

Ron,
I gotta have mine done before the Redwoods...
You can too!!!
I can see it now... Boxkite in the Redwoods!
Go Ron Go!!! :thumbsup: :applause:

See Yaa at Pamplin. ;)

Postby Ron Dickey » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:08 am

I will try there is time enough for that .

I think it will depend on gas prices if they are to high I will trought the tent in the prius and it should take about a tank of gas up and a tank full back.
that about 500 miles north look for the fire station?
I've got relatives in ashland ?? maybe we will see. Depends on if I get new work and if they let me free.

Ron
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:17 am

Ron,
I didn't think you were ever gonna get out of the User Polls forum... :lol:

Glad you finally saw these posts of encouragement.

See your Kite...
Be your Kite...

Postby Ron Dickey » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:47 pm

:SH
I feel like I just awoke from a deep sleep.

I kept thinking Now I need a frame.

:MLAS STOP

I went back into the Hall of fame filled with all those great trailers made by the now adays pioneers of T&TTT's

I only have to cut out 2 1/2 inch plywood boards in the shape of the sides
of my boxkite attach reinforcement boards where doors and windows will go
run one two or three starting 2 inches up where they will rist on the floor.
and along the top where the roof will rest.
reinforments where any shelves will go. I have built a 2x4 arch for the back to hold extra weight of swing out galley and swing down over head flap (which could be water proof cloth.)

Atach the walls to the floor of the trailer suport the sides untill I get the ribing for the roof set in.

The Sofa I am taking appart just happens to have arched arms (you know rounded) it uses 1x2 boards around the arch for the clothe to follow.

The nose will be arched like the teardrop.

:thumbsup:
and this along with fast drying glue is why mike can make his weekender in a week end.
The longer trailers time wise are when the spouse looks inside and says we need to decorate. You are taking me along! Most of us could sleep in dog houses. And a Stereo, reeding lamps and a small bar would be nice.
:SH now where was I?? Oh ...The funny part is I am more picky then she is.
;) I am going down for plywood in the moren ... If I do something each day I will be up north by July 26th and 27 th when I go I will bring what I have made, If I can't license the trailer I will put it on the truck.

I just have to tell my old boss or new boss.
:SH good night. hmmm*#!!
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:39 am

See Your Kite...
Be Your Kite...
:worship:

Postby Gage » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:20 am

Ron Dickey wrote: <snip>
Guy's mother and brother live close but I just keep looking to see who is campen at Mantana De Oro or Morro Bay state camp grounds.
<snip><snip>

Guy, I didn't know your mother and brother lived close to Ron. My mom and brother also live just a few miles away. Wonder if they know each other? :thinking:

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Next

Return to Member Designs