Pamplin Grove '06 Or Bust

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Postby bg » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:25 am

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:Hey bg,
Looking forward to seeing you there. Yeah... You have a little bit longer drive than I do. (Guess that means you'll have to get yours finished about two days ahead of me) :lol:

Hopefully I'll be able to leave 3-4 days beforehand. 2000 miles, Each way...
Bobby(, Kim & Wayne)
bg
500 Club

Keeping the timeline

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:22 pm

Just thought I'd let you all know I do my darndest to keep this guy on task, so keep up the "encouraging" words to him about building the Copperwood. I got a tour of the tear at the shop yesterday and it's gonna be a big one when it's finished.

Dean also is working on a canoe (he has been building this for two years+) that is a real beauty. See his link on the boat builder's site. I'd love to see it get completed as I encouraged him to set a goal of trying to finish it for the WoodFair 2003....but as you'll see he's quite a perfectionist with a tendency to procrastinate and go full out in the final hours. Throw in a bit of halfheimers and ADHD and you've got a good idea of the profile I have to work with. He says he works better under pressure :roll: Just know that this guy always is working on something!

:R TDN
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Re: Keeping the timeline

Postby Gage » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:36 pm

The Teardrop Nanny wrote:......Dean also is working on a canoe (he has been building this for two years+) that is a real beauty. See his link on the boat builder's site. I'd love to see it get completed as I encouraged him to set a goal of trying to finish it for the WoodFair 2003....Just know that this guy always is working on something!
:R TDN

So where is this 'Boat Builders site' :QM Always like to see what other things people are doing to keep thier life busy.

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Boat Builders

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:53 pm

Gage and others,

You can view his project at the www.bearmountainboats.com
website. I believe you have to go through the project directory or the builder's forum. If that doesn't work, I'll have Dean post the weblink when he gets time.

:thumbsup:

TDN
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:14 pm

Two years???? :o
Perfectionist???? :lol:
Wood fair smould fare... :R

Fact: Free time eludes me... It will be finished when it's finished. (Right Glen???)
My Concern: Right now... Isn't the little amount of free time, it's shifting the direction of my business.

Gage,
Here's a link to the Redbird page in the Project Directories, I'm the fourth post on that page...
http://www.bearmountainboats.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=312&start=0#
I've got some serious updating to do...
That accent stripe will be used on the Copperwood too.

BTW- Thanks again for those great building tips you've been throwin' my way. :thumbsup:
Last edited by Guest on Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gage's new school

Postby Guy » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:06 pm

Hey, Dean,

If you really want to get some of Gage's great teardrop building tips you should come to the new Teardrop Academy he has started. You get to spend four full days and nights with Gage as he oversees the building of your teardrop. I hear he is a tough taskmaster but I can take it.

I have not seen him advertise his new academy on this board but he has on the "other" board. If you want to go I have an extra 20% off coupon for the full four days including the three pot luck dinners. The best part about the coupons is you do not have to bring your own tools, you actually get to use Gage's very own tools. Imagine that! Just touching them will be an inspiration.
Regards,

Guy
Keep on living, laughing, learning and loving.
Guy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Gage's new school

Postby Gage » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:49 pm

Guy wrote:Hey, Dean,

If you really want to get some of Gage's great teardrop building tips you should come to the new Teardrop Academy he has started. You get to spend four full days and nights with Gage as he oversees the building of your teardrop. I hear he is a tough taskmaster but I can take it.

I have not seen him advertise his new academy on this board but he has on the "other" board. If you want to go I have an extra 20% off coupon for the full four days including the three pot luck dinners. The best part about the coupons is you do not have to bring your own tools, you actually get to use Gage's very own tools. Imagine that! Just touching them will be an inspiration.

:shhh:

Have a good day.
8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:43 pm

Hey Gage,

Sign me up for the academy... Do you think Pam would let me in? Aw never mind, I won't put her on the spot...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:44 pm

Thanks Guy,
Say Gage... Sign Me Up
:EXP

Postby billnut » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:24 am

:lol: I don't know for sure but I heard that that when you finish the Gage class. You get your own fork,knife and napkin in a monogram pocket protector !! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bill and Sis (sorrySis)
Grandpa's are just Antique little Boys !
billnut
Silver Donating Member

Postby toypusher » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:05 am

I'm waiting for the "Steve Frederick" Academy to start up. Like to attend that one! :thumbsup: :applause:
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Gage » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:31 pm

mikeschn wrote:Hey Gage,
... Do you think Pam would let me in? Aw never mind, I won't put her on the spot...Mike...

You'll have to take that up with Pam............I really do try and stay out of trouble as much as I can. :angel: I just like to stir the pot once in a while. Makes things interesting. :yes:

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:46 pm

mikeschn wrote:Hey Gage,

Sign me up for the academy... Do you think Pam would let me in? Aw never mind, I won't put her on the spot...

Mike...

How did you slip this post in between my post and Gage's post?

Postby mikeschn » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:50 pm

toypusher wrote:I'm waiting for the "Steve Frederick" Academy to start up. Like to attend that one! :thumbsup: :applause:

I took a Steve Frederick class one weekend... very intense! Steve is a good builder!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Guy » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:03 pm

Dear Gage

Gage writing to Mike wrote:
mikeschn wrote:
Hey Gage,
... Do you think Pam would let me in? Aw never mind, I won't put her on the spot...Mike...

You'll have to take that up with Pam............

Mike, does not have the _______ to take it up with Pam? 8)

Dean,

Sorry, Gage will not allow me to transfer the coupons to anyone who is a member of the other board. So I will have to give it to the first member of this board to bid on it. I will be posting it on ebay later today. Hope I get more than the $5 posting fee. 20% off is worth a lot of money.
Regards,

Guy
Keep on living, laughing, learning and loving.
Guy
1000 Club
1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Member Designs