This should be it...

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Postby mikeschn » Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:05 pm

Here's a preview of the dimension function in ModelPress Reader...

as you can see, this is not your 48" baby your momma told you about... :shock:

But you're going to need this much to keep from knocking yourself out on the roof liner!!!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:18 pm

BTW Dean,

I found measuring extremely difficult and inaccurate until I found perpendicular to edge...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:48 pm

Hey Chief,
I hope I'm not downloading the wrong program, mine says Model Press Publisher.exe
My computer is also downloading some kind of automatic upadate for windows so it is going slow, right now it's at 69%. I just got back from the lumberyard, got a couple of sheets of melamine.

Postby mikeschn » Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:50 pm

You don't want publisher... you want reader... that's the second one down..

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Norm » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:00 pm

Hey Mike, I downloaded it twice now, and it fails to completely install itself. Did you run into any problems installing it :?:
Norm
Norm
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:11 pm

Hey Norm,

I had no problems installling it...

Don't know what to suggest if you can't get it installed... you could try Ironcad, which would work for 30 days... before you have to buy it... or you could try Cortona http://www.parallelgraphics.com/products/cortona/
which is free...

I wish I could sit in front of your computer... I'd have a better chance at telling you what's going on... But since I can't, all I can do is suggest a couple options...

Sorry..

Mike...
Last edited by mikeschn on Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:12 pm

Oh Brother... The Norwegian strikes again!
Well, I'm at 90% now on Publisher, so I'll let that one finish, then download Viewer.

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:39 pm

Mike,
I can view it in the Publisher one. Boy... That is pretty wild!!! There aren't a whole lot of controls and they look a bit different than those sample pages that you're showing me in Viewer.
I like the access door you added for storage behind the rear seat. Is that little red block near the drop footwell a lock to keep the floorwell locked in the raised position during transit?
Boy... In 3-D, I can sure tell that the Galley is hogging up a lot of the space.
Last edited by Guest on Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby mikeschn » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:44 pm

I've been playing with Cortona, and once you get the hang of it, it's really pretty easy...

Good for viewing and rotating a model...

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:45 pm

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:Mike,
I can view it in the Publisher one. Boy... That is pretty wild!!! There aren't a whole lot of controls and they look a bit different than those sample pages that you're showing me in Viewer.
I like the access door you put fo storage behind the rear seat. Is that little red block near the drop footwell a lock to keep the floorwell locked in the raised position during transit?
Boy... In 3-D, I can sure tell that the Galley is hogging up a lot of the space.

Grab the reader... what a world of difference you will see...

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:51 pm

OK,
You might be in bed by the time it finishes downloading on this phone wire of mine. :D

Postby Norm » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:57 pm

Thanks Mike, Cortona seem to work just fine. What am I missing with Cortona that you get with the first Reader?
Any other files to look at?

Thanks,
Norm
Norm
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:57 pm

It might be time for you to upgrade to broadband... just think of all the time you'd save...

Anyways,... I've been playing in Cortona some more, and it's gotten pretty easy too...

Here's another preview for you...

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:17 pm

Norm wrote:Thanks Mike, Cortona seem to work just fine. What am I missing with Cortona that you get with the first Reader?
Any other files to look at?

Thanks,
Norm

Hey Norm...

The only thing you are missing is the ability to create dimensions...

I can export any of my files to wrl... let me know which ones you want to see...

Over time I expect to put up a new page, full of wrls that you can view and rotate and get a feel for the proportions...

Mike...

Let me go look for a file for you now...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:20 pm

Oh Man,
That is just incredible!!!
Viewer is 70% on the download.
The only high speed available to me is from the local cable TV company.
They can't host my domain for the website, just for personal use.
(I sure wish I knew how to build a model)
Hey,
Are you watching the news about Jeanne?
(I hope all of our members in Florida are hunkered down and safe)

PreviousNext

Return to Member Designs