Nitty gritty dirt band (boxkite)

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Nitty gritty dirt band (boxkite)

Postby Ron Dickey » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:14 pm

I am tempted to change the name but box Kite has a better chance ... but I feel nitty and gritty ... back to the grind My mother is setling ind. and now I must finnish my quest....

Inside will have kit fabric and other kit stuff, outside will be sky blue with a box kite painted on the sides. swing out back boxes will be painted to look like 2 box kites. bambo sticks will be stuck in the ground or on stans and small box kites will fly at the ends ot them. I should be able to find party plates with kites and place mats too. maybe even a table cloth.

I am working on two projects at one time so when I get board (or flusterd) I have the other to figure. (I have more then 100 projects at the house to finish so if I just can not figure it out or do not have the money to get the part I have plenty to do elswhere)
Project one is the trailer which is separate from the camper.
which is 76 % done.
Project two is the camper which is 28% done most of it is cut. floor is sitting on the garge floor. sides are cut but not even with each other.
Rear boxes will be made after body is done and trailer is lisencesed.

the boxes for those who hav not followed my project.... I will have an open back where 2 slide out boxes one left one right will pull out and swing left and right. this will not be ezy still being worked out. :roll:

and one day I will be seing in the out of doors not on the ground in my
ITTY BITTY NITTY GRITTY JUNK BAND TTT PAINTED SKY BLUE WITH PEELING PAINT AND AN OLD BOX KITE PAINTED ON THE SIDE.
it will be found with every one thinking it was made in 1949 and in need of new parts. I have been working this sence this forum started so dont be suprised if my trailer looks as old as I do.
:beautiful:
laughingly
Ron d.
Last edited by Ron Dickey on Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:11 pm

I am running a gound wire along with the regular wires because there are parts that never touch metal.

will be putting in yellow are read side markers soon.

front cross support is drilled for bolting. Catcher will be attached this week later I will replace that bar with a new one it is bolted on.

fuses will be put in both lines on each side of trailer lights.
plugs will be added in the lines for pluging in upper break light (top of body) when box kite body is on utility trailer.

The rear pull out boxes will be the last thing put in box kite so I can camp and deside what and where I need them designed for.

I am unsure as to wheather I should build a frame before installing sides to B K body. I have a support in the back for the boxes and slide out, but because the front sides have a weak support system I want to keep weight down in front corners.

Time to spend 200 bucks for my own digital camera. can you shoot film and still get it put on a CD from Kodak. Or have it posted on the internet by kodak??

Ron D.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Return to Member Designs