Escape Hatch is now 12 1/2' long...

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Escape Hatch is now 12 1/2' long...

Postby mikeschn » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:32 pm

I started playing with the escape hatch again tonight... before I realized what had happened it had become a 14' monster... :o :o :o :? :? :?

I think I'd better go and sleep on that one!

Mike...
Last edited by mikeschn on Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Elumia » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:12 pm

Mike I can't imagine that you would want to be laying in bed and sitting in the dinette at the same time. Seems to me that the end of the bed could be one seat. If you wanted a back it could be hinged off the wall. that would save you the length of the seat - gets you to about 12'! (Or more if you got real creative)

Mark
Elumia
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:28 am

Here's the 12' version, with the dinette seat on the bed...

Mike...

P.S. It's not 20' long like a Bambi!
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby angib » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:29 am

Want to see a 1949 version?

OK, the Wessex folding caravan did only have canvas sides like a Kampmaster, but it has the folding back bulkhead.

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:29 pm

Mark,

It's not about using them at the same time, it's about being too lazy to set up the bed every night, and about finding a place to store the dinette seat while sleeping.

But I plan on looking at it several different ways before I start building.

Mike...

Elumia wrote:Mike I can't imagine that you would want to be laying in bed and sitting in the dinette at the same time.
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Elumia » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:52 pm

my thought is you just sit on the end of the bed. no set up or put down required. if you want a back, hinge one vertically on the wall so it just folds away at bed time.

Mark
Elumia
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:01 pm

Mark,

If I elevate the bed I can do that. But then it gets kinda hard to climb into bed from the side doors...

Yea, I'm at the trade off part of my design right now... everything is a trade off...

It'd be easier to go downstairs without thinking and pop out another tongue box! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If my basement was big enough I'd just go down there and pop out a teardrop.

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Mary K » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:38 pm

mikeschn wrote:It'd be easier to go downstairs without thinking and pop out another tongue box! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If my basement was big enough I'd just go down there and pop out a teardrop.

Mike...

Sounds like your basement is some kind of birthing chamber...push...push :lol: :lol:

"Oh Miss Scarlet, I don't know how to berff no teardrop"

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. The thought just kept going....er

Mk

(Ira, thats a Gone with the Wind quote / play on words, you'll have ta watch it to get it. :lol:)
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:11 pm

:lol: :lol: :M shhhhhp Pop a box again :M
Say, where's the potty. If you are going to make it that big put something useful in it. You can always pop a table outta somewhere. 8) ;)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby mikeschn » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:56 pm

I've been playing with electrons again, pushing pixels around.

Here's what I came up with this time...

Miriam, you'll notice the inclusion of a potty! :o And I popped a table right out of the bed!!!

And for those of you who like to spin it around, here's the wrl.

http://www.mikenchell.com/images/winter ... arrior.wrl

Oh, it's only 13 1/2 megs... :shock:

And those of you who spin it around, see if you can spot the TV. BTW, the TV is on a hinge so one can optimize the viewing angle.

Mike...

P.S. all you need to view these files is a free Internet Explorer plugin called "Cortona". You can get it here... http://www.parallelgraphics.com/products/cortona/
Last edited by mikeschn on Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:07 pm

Incidently,

There's storage under both seat, and the door on the curb side also allows you to access the under seat storage.

And per Gary's suggestion I put the AC in the tongue box and plumbed it up and over the pillows. You can see both in this picture...

Oh, it's only 12 1/2' long now!

Mike...
Last edited by mikeschn on Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:21 pm

:cry: I got there in a few seconds, pushed the study button---now what??? I couldn't get it to move. :?
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby mikeschn » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:25 pm

Try it again. I just tested it, and it's working fine. Are you holding down your left mouse button, and dragging it across the screen?

Mike...

Miriam C. wrote::cry: I got there in a few seconds, pushed the study button---now what??? I couldn't get it to move. :?
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:49 pm

mikeschn wrote:Try it again. I just tested it, and it's working fine. Are you holding down your left mouse button, and dragging it across the screen?

Mike...

Miriam C. wrote::cry: I got there in a few seconds, pushed the study button---now what??? I couldn't get it to move. :?

:oops: forgot that part. Really neat. The only thing I would change is the windows. Cause 1--Will they rattle on the hatch and 2--they clash with the curves. (not a square fan) :)

This is going to be really comfortable. :thumbsup:
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Return to Member Designs