Mini-Roy

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Postby Ron » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:57 pm

Mike,

Here is a close up of the area you requested. I enlarged and cropped that original picture for you. I could not find a better picture of that area in my files but if you want a better photo I'll shoot another one for you this weekend. If you have any questions about this area let me know.

Ron

Ron
Teardrop Master

Postby Ron » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:11 pm

bg,

I'm glad they have what you needed. A couple of years ago I was there and they also had a sample of their bendy wood in their lobby. They were about the size of a sheet of paper and I think it had printed on it the different types of bendy wood they provide, oak, cherry etc. and also the sizes they came in, 4x8 etc. These samples were FREE......so you might want to see if they still have these and get you one. Let me know what you find out.

Ron
Ron
Teardrop Master

Postby bg » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:33 pm

I was real glad to find they had it. Should look real good when I'm done.

Did a better sample of the stain today. Still can't get a 100% clear picture, but I did better.

Bobby(, Kim & Wayne)
bg
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:37 am

Perfect! I just wanted to get a closer view of your detail work.

thanks,

Mike...

Ron wrote:Mike,

Here is a close up of the area you requested. I enlarged and cropped that original picture for you. I could not find a better picture of that area in my files but if you want a better photo I'll shoot another one for you this weekend. If you have any questions about this area let me know.

Ron

The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby bg » Mon May 07, 2007 12:12 am

OK, so this has been doing nothing more than gathering dust in my mind. I've also got a name for it now "The Oak Leaf". I'll be built out of birch but calling it the oak leaf, go figure.

Cedar Hill gathering last weekend got the gears in my head turning again. I need to drag my template out of the van, cut the door out of it and start churning out some sawdust.

I bought a cheap guide bushing set for my ancient craftsman router, that I haven't had much luck with yet, I need to drag it out and give it another try. If that doesn't work, I'll cut the sides close and use a bit with a guide Gonna drag out a scrap piece of Masonite and give it another try.

Bad part is the floor I built back in Dec got ruined thanks to the wet winter/spring we've had. Not really a problem since I wasn't too happy with it anyhow.

Also decided to keep the electrical 12v only for now. My only 120v need is for my laptop.
Bobby(, Kim & Wayne)
bg
500 Club

Postby Ron » Mon May 07, 2007 6:58 am

bg,

I'm glad to see that you are back to building :applause:
Dont forget the pictures :thumbsup:

Ron
Ron
Teardrop Master

Postby bg » Fri May 18, 2007 2:06 pm

Finally tried the router out yesterday. Works easily on 1/8" Masonite. The 1/2" birch I plan on using for the sides will be far more difficult, But I think it's doable with some patience.

Maybe I can be ready for a shake down cruise in September.
Bobby(, Kim & Wayne)
bg
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Fri May 18, 2007 2:18 pm

BG,

You want to race? I plan on cutting some luan starting this weekend!!!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby bg » Fri May 18, 2007 5:32 pm

I guess we could. Could be interesting.

Probably going to finish sanding the bumps out of my template this weekend (that, and I need to cut the door opening into it.)
Bobby(, Kim & Wayne)
bg
500 Club

Previous

Return to Member Designs