Box Kite landing gear 90% done.

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Box Kite landing gear 90% done.

Postby Ron Dickey » Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:44 am

Wiring done, no finders at this time. this is a 2 part trailer. lower part will be taken in, in Feb for plates. by then I should have pixs.

Upper body floor, side walls, and rear hatch support done. assembly will Start as soon as I get the floor turned around. it is facing the wrong way in the garage.

After I get that done then I will work on getting it on the trailer. Andrew has helped figure much of that out.

Galley will be built last and I will be alful hungry by then.

Ron D.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby NightCap » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:57 pm

Sounds like it will be a cool trailer. Can't wait for the pics. Enjoy the build. :thumbsup:
#1 - 100% Done #2 - 100% Done Thinking about #3
NightCap
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Ron Dickey » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:58 pm

I am beginning to fill out paper work so I can get lic. plates for the landing gear part so I can pull what ever I have done to an event as my own kinda show and tell. I have to wire the truck still should be no real problem. truck has a built in hitch.
I am also working on bolting the floor of the Box Kite to the trailer so Take off will be simple as I get sides and roof on the upper body.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Re: Box Kite landing gear 90% done.

Postby bobhenry » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:37 am

Ron Dickey wrote:Wiring done, no finders at this time. this is a 2 part trailer. lower part will be taken in, in Feb for plates. by then I should have pixs.

Upper body floor, side walls, and rear hatch support done. assembly will Start as soon as I get the floor turned around. it is facing the wrong way in the garage.

After I get that done then I will work on getting it on the trailer. Andrew has helped figure much of that out.

Galley will be built last and I will be alful hungry by then.

Ron D.
I build mini barns as a business hobby and have to transport , move and locate them on the property. Schedule 80 4" pvc is my best friend. Over a rolling lawn 2 men can move a 1700 pound building with some effort ( and roll the lawn at the same time ) . On your garage floor use a few sticks of 3/4 pvc and you can actually spin the trailer body 180 degrees on them. There is a natural lubricity to them that makes this real easy. You should see the look on on of my customers face when we spin his barn into place. I slipped some over the rails on my truck headache rack rails to , and material slides off and on with ease.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Ron Dickey » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:23 pm

Very interesting....

looks like landing gear is 98% done only because I do not have wiring on the truck to make sure I wired it right and to take it in for license.

I want to put fuses on it but as I was walking around my 2nd or 3rd mile it doned on me I can have the fuse box with wires comeing out each side and a 4 wire trailer plug at each end. then I cdn put where I wont. under the truck or any puller I want. or I can add a plug in the middle of the front bar and ;lug it there. Why make it movable?
1 when and if I make a new traier it can move to that one.
2. if I barrow someones trailer I can put this in the back of my puller unit.
3 it becomes portable and I can use it where I wont.

this is ither one of my smartist moments or dumbist depending who is viewing it. :lol: :lol: what do you think :oops: I opened mty self up for this one :roll:

Ron
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:56 pm

:o Gosh Ron, You need to update your pictures. Glad it is working out for you.

GitRdun :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby mikeschn » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:55 am

Yea Ron,

Go out and take some pictures...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Ron Dickey » Thu May 10, 2007 1:13 am

I always seem to have something get in my way.... this time my wife sideswiped the trailer. I was more worried about the car.... cracked a rear side light.

So my build for the last two days have been a Landing strip for my trailer... I cut out part of the front yard off the driveway so It would stay close to the garage for my build. :lol:

Land gear... landing strip .... now I just need the pilots license and the cockpit so I can fly my boxkite Proper :?

Ron D.
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Return to Member Designs