My First CAD attempt.

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

My First CAD attempt.

Postby cam5e » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:51 am

Second post was the Charm.

Input always welcome.

Keith
Last edited by cam5e on Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gen. Jack D. Ripper: "I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."
cam5e
Teardrop Advisor

Postby cam5e » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:52 am

Gen. Jack D. Ripper: "I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."
cam5e
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Dee Bee » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:04 am

Good Drawing.

IMHO I think it might look better and be easier to build if the profile where the hatch meets the roof was curved into a smooth line.

Keep going!

Dee Bee
Last edited by Dee Bee on Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grace happens...
Dee Bee
500 Club

Postby cam5e » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:50 am

Dee Bee,

Yeah, I thought that looked a bit "clunky" myself. I just haven't mastered the program enough yet to really polish the ideas.

thanks.
cam5e
Teardrop Advisor

A more refined idea.

Postby cam5e » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:30 pm

cam5e
Teardrop Advisor

Postby toypusher » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:49 pm

You seem to learn fast there!!! Looks good!
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby cam5e » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:02 pm

Thanks Kerry!

One of the perks of working from home is you get to play on company time. Now if I could just find time to do what actually pays the bills 8)

I'll play with the CAD a bit more later. of course, once I get a design I'll have no excuse to keep me from starting the project. :twisted:
cam5e
Teardrop Advisor

Postby cam5e » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:25 pm

I should probably move this to designs.

Most recent incarnation.
cam5e
Teardrop Advisor

Postby toypusher » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:28 pm

OK! How's this?? All moved for you!
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby cam5e » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:44 pm

An updated view with moonroof.
cam5e
Teardrop Advisor

Postby cam5e » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:46 pm

And again.

Also Thanks kerry for moving me to designs. I appreciate it.

Everyone else feel free to comment, pro or con. Can't learn without direction.

Cam
cam5e
Teardrop Advisor

Postby GregB » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:49 pm

O'tay, them thar wheels look a bit fur' back. I really like the design, but it looks a little nose heavy. The nice thing is, you don't have to please us. You just have to please you!

Greg
I'm not dead, yet. I'm feeling better.
GregB
500 Club

Postby cam5e » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:02 pm

cam5e
Teardrop Advisor

Postby cam5e » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:06 pm

Thanks Greg,

After looking a bit closer, I agree. I'll have to do a touch up on that. I'm loving this CAD "thing", I may have to go back to school.

Cam
cam5e
Teardrop Advisor

Postby cam5e » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:27 pm

further refined version.

cam5e
Teardrop Advisor

Next

Return to Member Designs