Another version of Andrews Dinette

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:38 pm

Kai,
I can tell by your response that you bribed a few Kinetic Cops during your tenure as a Pilot, eh?
I took a few tickets before the Kinetic Court a few times. One year, I decided to break every rule I could think of.
The previous year I had a three man machine and we worked our tails off to keep our ACE status, we ended up winning the three man class. Hobart didn't make all the trophies that year and I was pretty disapointed because I wanted proof that showed I was a world champion in the three man class. Afterwards, he told me that I was welcome to come down to his gallery and build the trophy myself. I declined the offer and chose to just goof off the following year. I have no idea of how many tickets we got that next year.
I allways got out of the tickets, but the following year, I noticed that the rules had changed or new rules were added because of some of the "stunts" we pulled. That was probably the funnest year I ever had doing Kinetic Sculptures.

Postby angib » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:11 pm

I have put a 'Mark 2' version on the Dinette here that incorporates nearly everyone's suggesions.

The interior drawing shows that I've put one humanogram in to test that I can pull up my trousers in the confined space of the toilet - if that's waay more detail than you needed, I'm sorry. :oops:

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:13 pm

angib wrote:The interior drawing shows that I've put one humanogram in to test that I can pull up my trousers in the confined space of the toilet - if that's waay more detail than you needed, I'm sorry. :oops:

Andrew

:rofl: Andrew, you had me laughing really good on that design. I think the humanogram has a stiff neck...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:30 pm

Hey Andrew,

Here's your Mark II, without the stiff neck. I used your favorite... an ellipse!

If you'd like to chomp on your dxf file some more, here it is...

http://www.mikenchell.com/images/dinette2dxf.dxf

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby catrinka » Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:18 pm

The front of Andrew's trailer is very similar to the fibreglass shell that we are getting. Thanks for the sketches. We are still going to put the galley at the back though. We enjoy cooking outside so it makes sense to still have the galley outside.
catrinka
500 Club

Postby angib » Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:03 pm

Actually there was a logic behind that profile - it's identical to the plan view, which has to taper in a more-or-less straight line to follow the clearance to the tow vehicle. So the joint between the top and side is a constant angle.

Now instead we've got a taper and radius in plan view meeting an elliptical profile? Anybody want to tell me the shape of either piece? There isn't even a name for the shape of the intersection between the two....

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Previous

Return to Member Designs