Another version of Andrews Dinette

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Another version of Andrews Dinette

Postby mikeschn » Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:39 pm

Okay, I couldn't resist... I really liked the interior of Andrews's dinette, so I took that and played with the exterior profile a bit... here's what I came up with in about 30 seconds or so...

Opps, that's not a real good photo... here, let me give you the wrl file...
For those of you with cortona installed, check this out...

http://www.mikenchell.com/images/dinette2.wrl

What do you think? Is it too long? Too tall?
It's 5' wide, 5' high, and 10' long, plus the portapotty room on the tongue.

Mike...

P.S. I was only kidding about the 30 seconds!!! :rofl:

P.P.S. Oh, for the new folks here... if you need the Cortona client to view the VRML (wrl) files above, you can download the free MS Internet Explorer addin here...
http://www.parallelgraphics.com/products/cortona/
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby TAILGATINGnNUT » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:03 pm

ya had to go and round it didnt ya. I liked it better the other way!! haha
Looking to build the ultimate tailgating machine, anyone help me?
TAILGATINGnNUT
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:06 pm

Hey Tailgatingnut....

It's easier on the fuel economy that way!!!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby TAILGATINGnNUT » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:10 pm

bah gas smas keep em square

im just busting your balls
Looking to build the ultimate tailgating machine, anyone help me?
TAILGATINGnNUT
Teardrop Master

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:36 pm

One of the downfalls to living here on the north coast in all these redwood trees is the price of gas, sometimes the highest place in the country. It won't be long before gas tops $3.00 per gallon around here. So yeah... fuel economy is a consideration for me at least.

Postby mexican tear » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:39 pm

We pay that for gas down here, and it is 500 miles to the border. When you drive a 5.4 litter SUV it cost a little over $100 just to get to Brownsville. We put up with it just to live infront of the beach.

kai
"Essie" and the Mexican Tear
mexican tear
Donating Member

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:02 pm

Hey Kai,
The problem around here is not enough suppliers. Costco started a station up here and it was great for about a month, then they joined the ranks of what Renner charges. Check this out, his brother brings a tanker down here from Crescent City, fills it up, trucks it back up there and sells it for less up there than what he does down here. Go Fish!
Hey are you still planning on making it to Minden?
I won't have my trailer done by then, but I would like to make it there just to meet everyone and check all the teardrops out. It would be great to hook up with you again. We could share some old Kinetic Racing stories too.

Postby catrinka » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:03 pm

I notice you still have two doors on this trailer. Would that really be necessary?
catrinka
500 Club

Postby mexican tear » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:13 am

Dean

I have all set up for Minden. Hope nothing happens, I realy want to go and meet all of the TD nuts.

We could realy tell some stories. I guess it is from one obcession to another.

kai
mexican tear
Donating Member

Postby mexican tear » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:15 am

Cathy

My wife says that two doors are a necessity. I have to put the "privy" for the potty outside her door.

kai
mexican tear
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:53 am

catrinka wrote:I notice you still have two doors on this trailer. Would that really be necessary?

Hi Cathy,

Actually, it's only 1 door. On the other side between the dinette and the bathroom is a closet. It only looks like a door because I left the wall off. :oops:

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby angib » Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:39 am

mikeschn wrote:It's easier on the fuel economy that way!!!

1: Hairy Dynamics

Just so as we're clear about this - the tapering of the height of the roof over the back half of Mike's design is a benefit, but rounding over the rear corner isn't - extending the taper in the roof would be better (reference: Dr Kamm in the 1930s - hence Kamm-tail).

2: Gas Prices

And will all you wusses stop whingeing about gas prices? - let's see if the poor graph from this site will reproduce:
That's you guys off on your own down the bottom, and that's me at the top - around $6.80 per gallon, though I think this graph is in UK gallons - 20% bigger than a US gallon (Hey! Something that's bigger here!).

This data comes from a site which may have poor presentational skills but it quite interesting: A Primer on Gas Prices

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:14 am

Okay, how about, "it looks better than a sharp corner"!!! :wink:

Mike...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:02 pm

Andrew,
I don't whine about the gas prices around my girlfriend anymore, because she always tell me how spoiled we are here in the states and lets me know what you guys pay for gas over there.

Kai,
You know... In a way, teardrops are like the kinetitic sculptures. We just tow them now instead of piloting them. I remember many kinetic sculptures getting towed back then too.

Postby mexican tear » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:21 pm

Dean
The rope between the truck and the kinetic sculpture enabled the kinetic sculpture to push the truck!
kai
mexican tear
Donating Member

Next

Return to Member Designs